Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need ideas for meals page 2

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Read the "Smart Fuel" posts on Mark Sisson's blog, and check out his recipes (he posts them every Saturday). Don't limit yourself to a handful of foods and eat the same meals everyday, but rather switch it up every week instead.

Plus, I never think in terms of meals anymore. I usually just make a big pot of food and eat the leftovers whenever I get hungry.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

BenArfa10 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joelwlcx View Post
    Read the "Smart Fuel" posts on Mark Sisson's blog, and check out his recipes (he posts them every Saturday). Don't limit yourself to a handful of foods and eat the same meals everyday, but rather switch it up every week instead.

Plus, I never think in terms of meals anymore. I usually just make a big pot of food and eat the leftovers whenever I get hungry.
    I appreciate that, but you're probably not trying to add muscle mass are you? That's my goal so I need extra.

Thanks again

Jesster is offline Member
    I wouldn't have thought it was the eggs that were causing you gyp, but you never know.

If I'm in a rush, it's greek yoghurt, nuts and seeds and berries. Fat and calories and nutrients, hell to the yeah. You could whizz up a primal protein shake (i expect there are some ideas on here) or a couple of hardboiled eggs (assuming they aren't the enemy)

Saying that, frying up crispy bacon and eggs takes me about 5 minutes. How stretched for time are you?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My husband eats primal/paleo and is adding muscle mass.

He is currently utilizing an intermittent fasting protocol of an 16 hr fast followed by an 8 hr eating window, during which he eats 2-3 meals (depends upon the day).

he typically has:

Meal 1: 4 eggs in butter, steamed mixed veggies with coconut oil (steamed in bone broth), the bone broth that he steamed the veggies in, and frozen berries with coconut cream, cod liver oil, two brazil nuts, some soaked pumpkin seeds, and some sunflower seeds.

Meal 2 (if any): venison meat balls, mayo (home made with good oils) and mustard, fresh cut veggies wrapped in cabbage leaves, kale chips if he wants, and sometimes a handful of nuts (macadamias, walnuts, pistachios, and almonds)

If it's a workout (lifting body weight or lifting heavy day), he'll have a sweet potato with butter with one of these two meals.

Meal 3: beef, fish, or chicken plus big salad (usually with seeds, avocados, tomato, cucumber, lettuces, bell peppers, fennel bulb, carrot, and whatever else we happen to have around. it's beet season, so we have that and "silver beet" which are the greens, and . . . well, just whatever we have around. This is usually dressed with olive oil.

If he's still hungry, he'll either have some dark chocolate or some more berries with coconut cream. He usually has no more than 2 servings of fruit per day.

It's a pretty simple, straight-forward diet. It's about 45% fat, 30% protein, and 25% carbohydrate (veggies, sweet potato, fruit).

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I'd be ditching the beans too - if they're baked beans....legumes, not great. And full of sugar.

Meat, fish, veggies, good fats...that's all you need.

madog is offline Senior Member
    "Breakfast - not sure? Something light because I don't have much time."

get up earlier? :-) scrambled eggs in the microwave...takes 2 mins or cook some boiled eggs the night before. Once you get into Primal you will become better organised around foodstuff by cooking a bit extra the night before to have the following day.

Reading the Primal blueprint book and then reading it again worked for me.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    But a pan on the stove, put in some oil. Crack a few eggs into a bowl while the pan heats up, and when it sufficiently hot, throw the eggs in. If the pans hot enough, the eggs should start cooking instantly. Should take less than 5 minutes in total, and the eggs should cook in less than 2 minutes.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My new primal breakfast of choice is Bullet Proof coffee. For me, its 2tbs of unsalted butter, and 1tbs of coconut oil blended up in a big mug of coffee or black tea. It's quick and easy and gives me the energy I need.

My current favorite dinner is slow cooked ribs and collard greens. Buy a bag of frozen collard greens and dump them into a crockpot. Add 1 sliced onion and as much garlic as you feel like peeling and then layer on pork or beef ribs, seasoning them between each layer. Let that cook on low all day and when you get home you're ready to eat. You can get the ribs really cheap, and you can make a bunch at once, so that leads to fantastic leftovers! Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12