Thread: Ahhh!!!Pizza.... What happened??? page

Beana534 is offline Junior Member

Ahhh!!!Pizza.... What happened???

Shop Now
    Hi All!

Im hoping to get some feedback from some of you primal people

So, I did a whole30 back in sept. I have been primal since. I had a little bout with too much chocolate, almond butter and dates. I have decided to step it up a notch to get rid of some body fat, so I have stayed within the sweet spot with my carbs all week and was ok until....yesterday. I had a bad week and didn't feel like cooking,so we ordered pizza.. I ate until I was stuffed. Now today; breakfast and lunch were good, i have now had graham crackers(too many) and pizza again! I have not felt like this in a long time. I am wondering if going so much lower with my carbs caused this. I feel a little out of control and my desire for processed food is quite high. I will be doing my cookathon for the week tomorrow, but do not feel so good about this. Does anyone have any advice, experience or thoughts on why this happened? I also feel like I am emotionally eating,which I haven't done in a very long time. Please help if you can.

Thanks!

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Well I guess you were very low in carbs, so when you finally ate some your body went crazy. Makes sense to me. OK, sure you body doesn't 'need' pizza, but it sure as hell wants some. Even if Grok had eaten low carb, which is disputed, he sure as hell would have gorged on a pizza equivalent food if he had come across it - a quick acting energy food (carbs), with a bit of fat and protein mixed in. Even if your brain says no, your body says bring it on.

I'd probably cut yourself a bit of slack and eat some pizza/chocolate and almond paste every now and again.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I seem to recall that the last chapter in the book "It Starts with Food", which lays out the Whole30 thing, talks about the eventual fall-off the paleo wagon, and the getting back on.

It happens. For your next meal, make better choices. Life goes on.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beana534 View Post
    Hi All!

I had a bad week and didn't feel like cooking,so we ordered pizza.. I ate until I was stuffed. Now today; breakfast and lunch were good, i have now had graham crackers(too many) and pizza again! I have not felt like this in a long time. I am wondering if going so much lower with my carbs caused this. I feel a little out of control and my desire for processed food is quite high.
    Good evidence that processed foods are chemically engineered to make you crave more processed foods.

I find that I can kill one of these sidetracked sugar/starch binges with a really high quality primal meal. Steak finished butter, some roasted veggies or sauteed mushrooms, and a kickass salad. No matter how indulgent that 'real food' binge is, it doesn't make me out of control for more.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Good evidence that processed foods are chemically engineered to make you crave more processed foods.

I find that I can kill one of these sidetracked sugar/starch binges with a really high quality primal meal. Steak finished butter, some roasted veggies or sauteed mushrooms, and a kickass salad. No matter how indulgent that 'real food' binge is, it doesn't make me out of control for more.
    This!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Beana534 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks all!! I really appreciate the comments. I get really hard on myself as if it's all or nothing. This way of life has been so wonderful for me in so many ways, I just get really scared when this happens. I don't ever really want to go back to the way I used to eat, it was terrible in so many ways....as most of you know. Good primal meals ready for tomorrow!

Expromights is offline Junior Member
    oh may what did they put on your pizza.