Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surprising advantages/perks of losing weight page 2

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Young, thin, shopping assistants telling you to try size S or dutch 36 , and fitting into it (happened yesterday )! When 6 months ago I was buying L and growing out of 42.
    Sometimes I look at a mannequin in a shop and think nice clothes, I'll never fit into them, read the label and discover I can

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    People actually listen to me when I talk health.

More eye contact. I guess being nice to look at means getting looked at more.

My feet don't hurt usually, even on those busy nights where I'm standing/walking five hours straight, etc.

More chin-ups and push-ups are possible when the spare tire is gone.

I can slip past chairs, walls, etc. without having to ask people to move out of the way.

That's just weight - not health or fitness. Yeah, my arthritis is gone, no gas, no zits, etc. But as for weight, it's awesome. Of course, I'm adding muscle now so my weight is going up slightly. But in the right places.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Lets see... less sweat, better flexibility, less hesitant to see yourself in the mirror, better clothing options, cheaper clothing options...

Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    Movie theatre seats.
    Sadly I don't fit in any but new theaters regardless of fat, it's my hips (and to further worsen the situation usually a gun at the 3 o'clock position heh)

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I was waiting at the coffee shop for someone I had never met before. This man (good-looking, 40ish) came in and kept looking at me (51), so as he goes by I ask, "Are you Richard?" He says smiling, "No, but I could be!"

It's been awhile since anything like that happened. Awesome.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

shinydragon is offline Junior Member
    Running to catch bus without getting completely winded. I've only lost 40lbs so far and still have about 100 to go, but this is the best bit. And I haven't even added in exercise to the mix yet. Just the dropped pounds.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Waiting to cross a busy street, actually having a car stop for you to cross! That NEVER would happen before.

Sad reality that people treat thinner people better than heavy people. I never really noticed until I was one of the thinner people.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Clothes shopping is fun and I can go into small boutiques and the clothes fit even though they top out at large. Yesterday I pulled 5 dresses, praying one would "be big enough" and ended up with 3 that looked great, one too small in the bust,and one too big. That the word "medium" is on my clothes is just strange feeling. My domain used to be XL, better if there was a XXL.

Definitely getting hit on and people are nicer in general.

I noticed today that my saddle at the barn is too big now, when I had a fat ass, I required a large sized saddle, hard to find.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

AussieNana is offline Member
    People stopped asking if I had a Senior's card (for old people). I remember when it went the other way. In one year it went from, "I can't believe you have grandchildren at your age" to "Do you have a senior's card?"
    Now its, "I can't believe you are over 60. You look much younger." I think part of this is that paleo lets you lose weight in a way that doesn't age you. I've seen people lose weight using calorie reduction and they just look old and shrunken.

I like being able to turn over in bed and not feeling like a stranded whale. I like the increased flexibility. I like being able to get up and down from the floor easily and without thinking about it.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

I noticed today that my saddle at the barn is too big now, when I had a fat ass, I required a large sized saddle, hard to find.
    Speaking of fat asses, I am reminded too that last summer 2011 when traveling there was a certain pub that had an outdoor patio that we would go to for drinks. The chairs were uncomfortable. I didn't think my ass was that big, but the sides of the seat pressed in on the sides of my thighs and butt. This past summer visiting the same pub I was relieved that they had changed the chairs - I actually got up out of the seat to look - nope same as the summer before - I shrunk!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    I just picked out armfuls of old clothes to donate because they no longer fit me, and I'm backing into a whole wardrobe that I bought 3 years ago, which I only fit in for 6 months! Also, that old wardrobe is starting to be loose, so it looks like I need a new one

Joint pain is all but gone
    I'm not afraid of sports
    I did 20 straight pull-ups for the first time in my life
    I don't have to cross my arms over my stomach when I sit in public
    +1 to plane seats, I never thought I would fit.

P.S. I've only lost 28 lbs, and I'm looking to loose about 15 more!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast