Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: quiting caffeine page

garod82 is offline Senior Member

quiting caffeine

Shop Now
    I've been drinking 2 cups of coffee a day which doesn't sound like too much but I'm very dependant on it. I have a pretty high paced and at times high stressed job. I want to try to kick the caffeine but I still need to be on my game at work. Any tips from anyone who's done it?

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Wean yourself off. Hee Hee, he said "wean".

Anyway, cold turkey will likely give you caffeine withdrawal headaches. Cut your dosage down by half for the first week, half it again for a second week, and then you should be good to go.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Wean yourself off. Hee Hee, he said "wean".

Anyway, cold turkey will likely give you caffeine withdrawal headaches. Cut your dosage down by half for the first week, half it again for a second week, and then you should be good to go.
    The headaches are nasty. You WILL feel better on the other side, but the headaches are a squall you will have to navigate through.

Once you have a drink with caffeine, the headache does fade - I recommend a caffeinated drink you don't like the taste of. Consider it medicine.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Why would you even want to...?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

garod82 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Why would you even want to...?
    Again because I'm getting very dependent on it. Plus the afternoon crash sucks.

Karma33 is offline Member
    I quit cold turkey with no headaches. When you make up your mind to do it, you will do it taking either path.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I'm dependent on it too, and it's a nice dependency. Without caffeine, I'm sure I'd be ripping someone's head off before the day is over.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I'm dependent on it too, and it's a nice dependency. Without caffeine, I'm sure I'd be ripping someone's head off before the day is over.
    This

I like coffee, it dosn't effect me negativly in any way I can tell, there dosn't seem to be any long-term adverse health effects from caffine. I need I hell of a lot to get wired - always have, I ate about half a large jar of instant coffee washed down with cola when I was a teenager, that got me wired, but only just (on the other hand I am a total light weight when it comes to booze and I'm pissed on a pint of cider)
    I don't get a crash after drinking caffine, I'm just gonna keep on going
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i have a high stress job too, and i quit caffeine in august of this year. great decision! i was drinking way, way more coffee than you though. at your amount, i would honestly not be too concerned, but if you'd like to quit, quit cold turkey.

i've quit many things in life, and cold turkey is the only way to go (for me). you make a clean break, pay your penance, remember how much it sucked, and build up resistance to the idea of either going back, or going through the quitting process again.

in the case of coffee - and i was drinking obscene amounts every day - i had some of the worst, unique headaches for about three days. totally miserable. then it cleared up, and i feel great. i have a balanced energy level, way less heart-rushing stress-pumping anxiety in the morning, and i wake up from sleep absolutely clear-headed.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    I clicked in here because my sleep is awful. I also have pretty persistent anxiety. I drink about three cups daily. In the new year I'm going to kick the afternoon cup and make the other two half-cafs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast