Thread: Is phosphatidyl serine supposed to make me feel better? page

Penumbra is offline Junior Member

Is phosphatidyl serine supposed to make me feel better?

Shop Now
    I'm facing a great deal of stress at work; I am anxious and can't sleep. I meditate, exercise an eat Primal. I have decided to try phosphatidyl serine along with my magnesium, 300 mg of each per day ( split over 3 doses). It's been a week and I feel no different than before, so my question is, should I actually expect to feel any effects of PS, or is it like taking vitamin D - good for the body, but effects are not noticeable.

Thanks.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    I'm actually waiting for a bottle of it to arrive but haven't tried it yet. I'm hoping it will help with brain function during my most sleep deprived times. My understanding is that it's best taken before bed because it may help with sleep quality, which would, of course, help with focus and stress levels in general. I'm not sure about functioning as an immediate acting anti-anxiety supplement. A couple of things that really work wonders for that are L-Theanine, GABA, and Taurine. I've even heard people refer to L-Theanine as nature's Xanax, but I haven't noticed that dramatic of an effect personally. It's definitely good stuff, though.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I hadn't heard of it before now and can't really comment. It really depends on what chemical or hormone is overproducing or underproducing to result in you feeling stress. GABA is a common one that works fairly well. If I am on the verge of an anxiety attack, it will mellow me out, but I tend to feel very drained after taking it. Get a sub-lingual version so it absorbs quickly and take as needed.

Some things take several weeks to build up in your system. Or you don't feel it because you don't need it. I've heard of other people having good experiences with L-Theanine, but it did nothing for me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    It had absolutely no effect on me, or my insommnia I'm afraid.

Tried, and crossed off the list!

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    I'm facing a great deal of stress at work; I am anxious and can't sleep. I meditate, exercise an eat Primal. I have decided to try phosphatidyl serine along with my magnesium, 300 mg of each per day ( split over 3 doses). It's been a week and I feel no different than before, so my question is, should I actually expect to feel any effects of PS, or is it like taking vitamin D - good for the body, but effects are not noticeable.

Thanks.
    I take phosphatidyl serine together with serenagen and magnesium before bed. It does help with my sleep. I normally take it 1.5-2 hours before I want to be asleep. I'm not sure about taking it during the day.