Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Advanced" tips and suggestions? page 3

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 5. I have little physical activity these days (ok, compared to what I usually do), because I am buzy all day on the computer trying to meet a deadline. This no dairy/no fruit thing couldnt have come at a better time. Dont want to gain any weight for sure.

Weighed in this morning. Have lost 0.6 pounds. Amazing.

Food. Chicken wings, roasted cauliflower, and eggplant curry.

The craving for a banana is creeping up....

All I want is a banana. Going sugar crazy today. GRR.

Shalimar is offline Member
    Be brave! Walk away from the banana...
    "...forever wild..."
    Baxter State Park

55 years old, 5'4"
    1/1/11 weight: 172 and grumpy
    Lost 7 lbs on calories in, calories out
    Went paleo/primal 1/1/12
    Current weight: 144 and happy
    Goal weight is 130 more or less

Day 6

Shalimar--thanks. You have no idea how many times a day I thought of having fruit. At 5pm, I am determined.

Ate some carrots and salami. Then avocado and chicken wings. The fat really helped, I think.
    Last edited by reallygravity; 12-13-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Day 7 & 8

Day 7
    Yesterday was a poor eating day. No fruit or dairy, but lots of salami and bacon. Bottom line--way too much sodium. Ran out of cooked food at home, so broke into the primal snacks. The problem is I ended up eating the bacon and salami as meals.

Worse. I am allergic to nuts if I consume them in large amounts. Diarrhea. Well, since there was no cooked food, I resorted to eating way too many nuts. Yap. Not good.

Day 8
    Friend's birthday brunch. Ate a great mexican meal with pork, avocado, and eggs. Dinner--pork belly and roasted vegetables.

I can do this without fruit. But I did miss not eating fried plantains at the restaurant. Yes, that would have been cooked in vegetable oil, but once in 6-7 months...I can handle that.

Since I ate a lot of fat in the past two days, the sugar craving is at bay.

I cant believe it, but I just finished Day 9. No fruit? Nope. Amazing.

I had pork belly, Brussel sprouts, and eggplant curry.

Been IFing, and eating this way and having an IF thing going on, I feel good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by lillyruiz80 View Post
    If so, I'm looking for opinions on it
    Opinions on what?

Day 10 and 11.

I have been eating avocados when I have been craving sugar. It is amazing how it curbs the craving. Maybe it is creaminess?

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Yup. Avocado and heavy cream keep me away from fructose very well.

Are you going to add back in the dairy and fruit after your 15 days individually? At once? Not at all? Not to turn you into a guinea pig but it'd be interesting if you only added back in the high-fat dairy for a few days to see if you kept losing!

Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    Are you going to add back in the dairy and fruit after your 15 days individually? At once? Not at all? Not to turn you into a guinea pig but it'd be interesting if you only added back in the high-fat dairy for a few days to see if you kept losing!
    Keeping in mind that fruit and dairy are my trigger foods:

I am not planning to add fruit, like the way I used to eat fruit in the past. This was everyday, with a minimum of two servings. It really stalls my weight-loss, and until I am done with losing all the weight, I am going to stay away as much as I can. Actually, I dont have much weight to lose, but a lot of jiggle to get rid off. The fat on my thighs and hips (aka love handles) havent moved much at all.

However, I am going to be adding dairy, most definitely--in the form of cheese. Heavy cream loses its awesomeness because I only eat it with fruit. (Though I think an avocado-heavy cream shake will be delicious!) Now I have to think about how exactly I am going to go about it. Yet to be decided.

So to answer your question, I am going to decide more about this, this weekend. I can say that I dont give fruit or dairy a thought these days. I have really upped my fat content (fatty meats and avocados... cant do nuts) and trust me, thats the way to go for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast