Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Advanced" tips and suggestions? page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Since I am no longer buying fruit for my Dad, I just don't keep it in the house anymore and I don't miss it a bit. I used up the last of my frozen fruit as a little "pick me up" smoothie after donating blood last week but I don't plan to buy any more.

About the dairy, I find that if I stick to the products that have a high fat/milk solids ratio (stuff like brie, mascarpone, hwc) , they are a great addition to my diet but the just straight up glass of milk is not. Too much lactose involved.

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    Day 2 of no fruit, no dairy. At my second meal, I really wanted to have that ripe banana. I mean, it was right there! But I realized that I just needed to eat more. That helped. Banana forgotten.

Dairy. I didnt bump into any cheese or heavy cream. All good.

13 more days to go.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    I go through phases where I don't have any fruit for a several weeks. Then some seasonal fruit will catch my eye at Whole Foods and I will have a bit of a binge. Right now its those sweet little oranges they sell around Christmas. This never seems to effect me and it probably simulates Paleo like activitiy around seasonal fruit eating in ancestral times. I think its important to minimize fruits generally, but an occasional few days of fruit binging during harvest seasons is probably good for you. Most importantly eat clean, local, organic, pastuered, free ranged and wild when possible - no wheat, HFC,transfats or chemicals you can't pronounce.

Yap. Thats my plan once I reach my goal weight. I really need to wean myself off the sugar addiction (now triggered by fruit). I dont have much to lose, and thats why it is getting harder and harder.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Dairy is so expensive here, it's not worth buying (imo). So, we get raw yogurt and cheese for DS -- and he's the only one who eats it. I can't even bother with the taste, now. Go figure. It was good for a couple of years there, though, when it was cheap and raw and accessible.

Good job on your two days.

Thank you, thank you.

The past two days havent been so hard. It (the lack of sugar) gets to me around day 7 or 8.

I just wanted to see how this is going to affect my weight. In two days, I have "lost" .6 pounds. I am pretty sure that is water weight--because of not feeding the body fruit carbs.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The only thing that remotely helps me with not missing fruit for a few days in a row are the radishes, cucumbers, turnips and cabbage - crunchy non-sweet veggies. But, all and all, every time I try to drop fruit, I don't succeed. i go back and eat like 5 apples a day with a mountain of other fruit to follow.

I am trying self-hypnosis now to make myself to hate fruit, but I am stalling out even there.

I dunno if life is worth living without eating fruit. I've never drunk wine, I don't like chocolate and I have never had an orgasm (not for the lack of trying). So, my only tangible pleasure in life was fruit. Maybe I will finally concede to being fat but merry, rather than slightly thinner and miserable.
    Last edited by Leida; 12-10-2012 at 05:54 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Leida--that was hilarious!

There is no way I can do away with fruit for the rest of my life. Are you kidding me!???!

Today ends day 3 of no dairy, no sugar trial (total of 15 days). Foods consumed were fish and "creamed" spinach (with coconut milk of course).

DD is right now eating bananas and heavy cream. A perfect marriage of fruit and dairy, if you ask me. Shockingly, I am not desperate to eat it. But if I have one bite of banana, we are all going down hill.

Maybe this has a lot to do with my personality. I am all or nothing. Now that I have officially told my mind, no fruit, and no dairy, I am coping better.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    cool fact of the day

I literally lol'd from that, thanks I needed that
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Day 4. At around 1pm, I was like screw this. Let me just have some sugar. Big deal. Some ice cream would be the best thing ever. I had it all worked out in my head.

Glad I didnt give in. Food for today was chicken wings and roasted cauliflower.

Looks like I CAN do without fruit. Well, its only day 4...so lets not talk too soon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast