Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Putting on weight, low energy, really need help !! :) page 5

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Don't actually know how much nuts I was consuming as the bag was in the cupboard and every time I walked past I would grab a few. As I work from home, that cupboard gets passed a lot

Solved. Ditch those or cut back to maybe one day a week.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

tcseacliff is offline Senior Member
    what is more important for dropping the fat, carbs or calories? my doctor is also stumped as to my reluctance to drop the fat. he suggested I concentrate on my calories, since upping the protein, and fats , and eliminating the grain carbs did not work. so. my lovely three egg frittata breakfast went from nearly 500+ cals to 165 cal. is this the way to go ? I really hate this combo, I really want my yolks and melted cheese on it back! and I miss my sausage and or bacon ! I am also stumped as to, should i not eat until dinner as usual? I am a few hours past breakfast and hungry, but with my old frittata, could easily cruise past the dinner hour. and if i exercise today, not sure if this is enough food!!

Primal Tail is offline Junior Member
    I've been primal for about two years now. I went through a period of losing weight easily, but the second I tried to control carbs to lose more weight, I ended up beginning to gain some of the weight back. The biggest difference in my diet was dairy. When I wasn't trying to lose weight, I ate more non-dairy foods, but when I cut back on carbs, I found myself eating a lot of cheese and other low-carb dairy items. It wasn't until I cut dairy completely that weight starting falling off again.

If you are having a hard time pinpointing what might be going on, try cutting out dairy. The amount of weight from general inflammation and water retention that was released soon after making this change was quite astounding. I never thought I had an issue with it, but the way I feel now is a dramatic improvement.

It's worth a shot, at the very least! Let us know if anything works for you!
    There is a way to lead a more primal life for every single person out there. Sometimes they just need help finding the smallest of changes that can jumpstart their quest.

www.primaltail.com

Leida is offline Senior Member
    My speculation: using an evolutionary template, Grok would've been eating fruits (and honey) going into fall where nuts then come into season. Him and his tribe would've been putting on season fat to get through the leaner winter months. But today we have access to those foods year round. Just because they are paleo/primal doesn't mean you don't limit their use if you are trying to drop weight.
    He would have eaten dried and frozen fruit just like people do today in the regions that have winters. It is mind boggling how people imagine that living off the land did not involve setting up the supplies. I grew up in a country that did not have out of season supply of fruit, or not much of it. Guess what my grandmother did all summer & fall? She canned, pickled, dried and made jams. We had pickled apples, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, cucumbers, etc all winter along with the copious supplies of currant and strawberry and apple jams. Not to mention dried and frozen fruit & honey. Despite the absence of supply, people stockpile. So do animals. If a squarel can dry enough berries for the winter, so can Grok.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Savayla is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I would like to say a BIG thank you to all of you who have replied to my plea for help. You certainly have helped me alot. Already I am feeling better, lost 200g of fat, and know which path I should follow.

I know my height and weight is a big factor here, and I will try and post a photo when I learn how. In it you will see a person who is not overweight or fat, but a person who has fat on their thighs and bum. I still look good in clothes, I don't like a body that is too thin but for 22 years, no matter how much I eat, and what, I have just never been able to put on weight. I am not celiac, already been tested. I am not comfortable in my new body. I will have to work hard to adjust it so that it looks better. I am honestly not concerned with how MUCH I weight, just how unhealthy it looks. To me. When naked.

I liked the comment regarding trying to turn this into muscle by more resistance work. I am definitely going to be doing that.

So far I have dropped eating all the excess fat I was encouraged to eat by my group. Last night I did add a teaspoon of butter to our peas, didn't fry the pork steaks in tallow but olive oil, and had a good dose of virgin olive oil on our salad.

I have had to cut down on my exercise as I fell badly twice last week and am going to an osteopath tomorrow to have that sorted. Still walking my dogs though.

Baking has stopped , unless it is for a special occasion. So too has the nut grabbing .

Am wanting to emulate Marks BAS but I just can't keep a fridge full of veges pre cut as I believe (CW ? ) that once a vege is cut it starts to oxidise and you lose its nutrition within half an hour ?

I am eating some rice and fruit as my stomach seems to love it. Have to listen to the stomach.

Once again, thank you for helping me on my journey.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345