Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Putting on weight, low energy, really need help !! :)

Shop Now
    People have different body frames, I am 104 and 5'4 with a snall frame and nobody says I look too thin. I know women with larger frames who look extremely bony at their government-suggested weight though.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    sounds like you were super tiny before and now you are at a healthy weight...am I wrong?
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

If you eat too much of something (fat, carb, protein) your body will store it as fat. And by "too much" I mean more than what your body needs. So in a way, it's not a free-for-all lifestyle/diet since you still need to pay attention to how much is too much. Make baked goods/treats a once a week thing. Don't add fat for the sake of adding fat but rather cook good meals that include adequate fat. (and protein/carbs) Nuts & seeds seem to be everybody's "guilty pleasure" food here but I think it should be a "in moderation" food. If you aren't working out much then you probably shouldn't eat as many overall calories as if you were. Like a previous poster said, a 5'4'' gal shouldn't eat the same way as a 6'2" male weightlifter.

Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    sounds like you were super tiny before and now you are at a healthy weight...am I wrong?
    I agree, but what I am suggesting is that maybe she actually is gaining the fat she needs to be healthy since she became Primal.

In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I agree, but what I am suggesting is that maybe she actually is gaining the fat she needs to be healthy since she became Primal.
    wasnt there just a friday success story about a skin and bones gal getting the curves she never had before---now that she is primal?
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

agree^^ I was going to ask the same thing. I'm 5ft, 47kg (could lose 2 kilos but I'd also then have no boobs so no worth it for me, to rid the little 4-baby tummy i have). I have a tiny frame (my foot is 22cm long), so even if the OP had a tiny frame as well, I cannot see that if I grew 4 inches (I wish!), and lost a kilo, I'd look anorexic.

Quote Originally Posted by Savayla View Post
    I am 42 years old.
    In addition to what has been said about too much fat, too many calories, etc., age plays a huge part in weight maintenance for women. It sucks, but for every decade we age, our metabolism slows down just a little bit and we have to work harder and tweak our intake a little bit more to maintain what we were as young adults.

I would also reinforce what has been said about the nut flours and baking. Get rid of it for 3 to 6 months if you can and try to stick with only things that do not have an ingredient list. I think that will help.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Does anybody notice that she started off at 100lbs on a 5'4" frame? I'm sorry, I'm at the same height, but even at my lowest weight, when people were saying that I was starting to look anorexic, I was 110 lbs. Maybe it's actually *gasp* HEALTHY to gain some fat. If you want to look good, you could focus on eating more protein and adding muscle mass.
    I guess it does sound bad, but no, I was always underweight on the charts, and my DH obese !! But I am not underweight at all. Just the genes. My dad is the same. I don't look anorexic (well, not now for sure !!! ). With my first pregnancy I put on 21kg and lost it in 1 month and my second pregnancy 18 kilos and lost it in 3 months. I just am what I am, and I just hate what I am now. It is not how my body has been for the past 22 years. I am 42 years old. I can put up a pic of what I was and what I am now, in just 6 months, and it is a shocker what 6kg does to a small frame like mine.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    i have always been tiny. And when i put on the first 3kg I didn't mind at all. However, the last 3 kg have been horrible fat on my thighs and bum . That I just don't like.