Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK help page 2

PrimalMumUK is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    We pay 7.99 for 400g of biona coconut oil from our local health food shop.

The gardening idea is great and something we want to try and expand on. We have an apple tree, so made loads of apple butter over the summer. We also planted a blueberry bush (kids fav) and a raspberry bush this summer. Didn't get too much this year but hopefully next year will be better when they're more established.

My son (14) volunteers on an organic farm once a week, so hopefully he is learning lots!!

I don't drive, so walk everywhere with the 4 youngest in tow, we'll have to try getting to Aldi this week. Sounds like a good place to try.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I buy coconut oil, almond and coconut flours from realfoodsource (.co.uk)

Google Nak'd's own website (can't remember just now what it is) - they often have some really good offers on boxes of bars and do some good variety packs too.

As for meat - I have a fairly local butcher that stocks only locally produced, grass fed produced so use that exclusively. It is, granted, more expensive than a normal butcher, but cheaper cuts are easier to get. Primal Britain's website has a good resource section if you're looking to see if there are any good suppliers near you.

I'm lucky (in some ways) in that I've only myself to feed so can pretty much set my own budget. Must be hard trying to eat well on a tight budget. Good luck.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    I dont know what your paying for the Sainsbury stuff - 800g last me ages!
    The stuff I bought in Sainsbury's is lasting me ages, that's why I'm still using it. Now I know better, I'll get the next batch elsewhere.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMumUK View Post
    We also planted a blueberry bush (kids fav) and a raspberry bush this summer.
    I've got autumn fruiting (called Primo Cane) raspberries. They fruit on new wood so there's no tying in and fiddly cutting. They fruit, chop the lot and then they fruit on next year's new wood. Had the last handful two weeks ago. Now if they would just do a thornless primo cane blackberry......
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

lordgrover is offline Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Nuts and ground almonds are cheap from aldi for hazel nuts and walnuts and almonds, and cashews (though they are hidden with the snaking nuts, not with the cooking stuff?!?), other nuts can be got cheap from lidl, pecans and brazils, I think the do sunflower and pumpkin seeds too.
    That's probably a good thing. If nuts, seeds, dried fruit, etc. is in fruit & veg or other supermarket aisle it attracts VAT, if it's in the baking section/aisle it is VAT free.

Just a Girl is offline Junior Member
    Aldi sells grass fed beef mince - 2.69 for 500g and rump or siroloin steaks, again, grass fed, 2.99 for 250g. I tried some at the weekend and it was delicious!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lordgrover View Post
    That's probably a good thing. If nuts, seeds, dried fruit, etc. is in fruit & veg or other supermarket aisle it attracts VAT, if it's in the baking section/aisle it is VAT free.
    That's todays useful fact
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

PrimalMumUK is offline Junior Member
    Ha ha yes, I never knew that either.

And thanks JUST A GIRL for the tip on Aldi mince, will def check that out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12