Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amrap Bars? page 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think when it comes to prepackaged foods like bars, cereals, milk replacements, the best bet is to assume that they are owned by a very large corporation unless you know for sure that they're not. Placement in the grocery store also tells the tale. Look at where Kashi Cereal is next time you shop, and look where Bragg's Vinegar is.

Now sometimes stores will put the lower priced alternative on the bottom shelf, but mostly their biggest suppliers dictate product placement. Big supplier - eye level for a 5' 6" person. Small supplier - up high or near the floor.

I read something once that stated that ConAgra has at least one of their products in 97% of US households. Which says to me, since I've never seen anything actually labelled ConAgra, that a lot of foods can be sold by the same company, and unless you want to spend hours and hours reading fine print on labels, you won't know. Big Food has been buying up the "hippie" brands for years, and it's not an effort to change the direction of their mission, but to give the consumer what they want. Unfortunately, things change once those companies are purchased.

phigment is offline Senior Member
    i like larabars esp the cherry pie.

damon1212 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joelwlcx View Post
    I don't see how what I said had anything to do with larabars... Whatever they are. I was just saying that:

1) No one needs, or should ever buy "health bars"... Candy bars, same thing. What is so hard about cooking and eating real, unprocessed, not-product, foods?

2) Simple research proved that you are advertising here, which is not allowed.

And for what it's worth, my hat isn't tin foil. It's a gold titanium alloy. That's the only way the CIA can't triangulate my thoughts.
    For the life of me I can't conceive of what would be humanely possible that maybe, just maybe . . . I was genuinely curious about what the hell the bars tasted like. Your point #1 is the first relevant thing you have posted to my question.

This thread has been worthwhile sine it introduced me to "Just Eat Real Food" Facebook group though, which looks amazing (oh, I'm sorry . . . am I shilling now that too? Are we not allowed to have opinions on anything here?).

Your paranoia over the possibility of someone "shilling" is pretty sad. Your ultimate desire to be "right" in your first impression instead of just admitting that I asked an honest question is even sadder. As a senior member I would have thought your job would be to make a new member of the community feel welcome, instead of having to justify a legitimate question by somehow proving I'm not an affiliate marketer for Larabar, who I had never even heard of before an ad popped up on my Facebook for them and I innocently figured I would ask the one group of people who might have some sort of insight into what they tasted like or if they were truly Primal Blueprint friendly (a question I have managed to get answered no help from you).

Good luck on rooting out all the undesirables. You are truly doing God's work here.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damon1212 View Post
    For the life of me I can't conceive of what would be humanely possible that maybe, just maybe . . . I was genuinely curious about what the hell the bars tasted like. Your point #1 is the first relevant thing you have posted to my question.

This thread has been worthwhile sine it introduced me to "Just Eat Real Food" Facebook group though, which looks amazing (oh, I'm sorry . . . am I shilling now that too? Are we not allowed to have opinions on anything here?).

Your paranoia over the possibility of someone "shilling" is pretty sad. Your ultimate desire to be "right" in your first impression instead of just admitting that I asked an honest question is even sadder. As a senior member I would have thought your job would be to make a new member of the community feel welcome, instead of having to justify a legitimate question by somehow proving I'm not an affiliate marketer for Larabar, who I had never even heard of before an ad popped up on my Facebook for them and I innocently figured I would ask the one group of people who might have some sort of insight into what they tasted like or if they were truly Primal Blueprint friendly (a question I have managed to get answered no help from you).

Good luck on rooting out all the undesirables. You are truly doing God's work here.
    Again with the Larabar thing... I never mentioned them, why bring them up?

And you said you're not an affiliate for Larabar, but said nothing about the brand you're suggesting, AMRAP.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

damon1212 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by joelwlcx View Post
    Again with the Larabar thing... I never mentioned them, why bring them up?

And you said you're not an affiliate for Larabar, but said nothing about the brand you're suggesting, AMRAP.
    At this point I have gotten Larabar and Amrap mixed up. I'm not a shill for freaking anything. I'm a marketing manager for a digital print company. I've done some affiliate marketing in the past, but have never sold anything having to do with food, unless you consider years ago having been involved in Team Beachbody, which I joined to get a discount on P90X when I bought it.

If I'm a shill for Amrap, Larabar, or any other any other health bar show some evidence or STFU. Feel free to post evidence or an apology next.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123