Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amrap Bars? page 2

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Have had the AMRAPs, and yes they are paleo/primal friendly. However, like most bars, they are a little dry, and are better with some liquid to go along with.
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Each bar is 64 grams total weight. That's about 2-1/4 oz, which is small. And each bar has 300 calories which is a good thing if you're trying to gain, and a bad thing if you're trying to lose.

Total carbs per bar = 22. Again, this number is only important to those tracking carbs.

None of the ingredients are certified organic, but the ingredients don't look too bad:

•Raw Almond Butter
    •Unsweetened Coconut
    •Egg White Protein Powder
    •Raw Sesame Seeds
    •Raw Almond Chunks
    •Raw Honey
    •Ground Cinnamon
    •Sea Salt

However, those ingredients also are very available to anyone, and it would probably make some sense to make up your own bar in big cut up batches and refrigerate/freeze it.

At 2.26 oz per bar and $23.95 (and I didn't look at shipping in case these are available in stores) for eight bars, this product costs approximately $21.17 per pound.

Based on all of that, while they may be primal, they are (to me) absurdly expensive.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    My apologies then. It just seemed suspicious because its your first post yet you are praising a processed product that most of us would frown upon as a meal.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    No, this person still sounds like a shill. These are completely unnecessary, and rediculously expensive. Food energy per ounce per dollar, it's not worth the money. Whoever made these probably never had health in mind, and just wanted to market another convenience processed snack food/candy bar product to the paleo crowd.

Edit: In fact, google damon1212 and you'll find several dozen different users of different websites, same name, all from Houston, TX, with references to certain advertisement websites.
    Last edited by joelwlcx; 12-08-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    Have had the AMRAPs, and yes they are paleo/primal friendly. However, like most bars, they are a little dry, and are better with some liquid to go along with.
    I've also had them. And I agree that they are really dry. I won't be buying them in the future...
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I can see the need for a "bar" of some sort if you're traveling, and know that airports are paleo food deserts. But seriously, why wouldn't you just make your own? The Just Eat Real Food page on facebook has been posting homemade bar recipes like mad all week.
    For me, Larabars are out. Tasty and easy to find, yes. Can I trust a company that's probably lying about non GMO sourcing? NO.
    Larabar, you broke my heart.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    For me, Larabars are out. Tasty and easy to find, yes. Can I trust a company that's probably lying about non GMO sourcing? NO. Larabar, you broke my heart.
    Really? Larabars have gone over to the dark side? That's sad. I used to use those a lot for mountain climbing purposes.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Really? Larabars have gone over to the dark side? That's sad. I used to use those a lot for mountain climbing purposes.
    General Mills owns Larabar, and along with many other mega agri-vulture food conglomerates, pumped millions of dollars into the demise of California's Prop 37, which would require GMO labeling and prohibit foods with GMO ingredients from being branded "natural." Many other so-called "organic" food producers joined in the battle:

Major Natural Foods Brands Opposing GMO Labeling | Foodie Buzz
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

damon1212 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joelwlcx View Post
    No, this person still sounds like a shill. These are completely unnecessary, and rediculously expensive. Food energy per ounce per dollar, it's not worth the money. Whoever made these probably never had health in mind, and just wanted to market another convenience processed snack food/candy bar product to the paleo crowd.

Edit: In fact, google damon1212 and you'll find several dozen different users of different websites, same name, all from Houston, TX, with references to certain advertisement websites.
    Let me know when you find some affiliate link to anything remotely connected to Larabar, and then let me know when you take the tinfoil cap off your head.

Thanks to all the people who took my question seriously and actually answered it. I'll look for some of the home made health bar recipes.

For Joelwlcx - F%^K LARABAR!!!! For the love of God don't EVER buy a Larabar!!! It's the devil's work! Please, may God punch me in the balls for EVERY SINGLE Larabar sold from now to eternity.

Yeah, but I'm still a shill.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by damon1212 View Post
    Let me know when you find some affiliate link to anything remotely connected to Larabar, and then let me know when you take the tinfoil cap off your head.

Thanks to all the people who took my question seriously and actually answered it. I'll look for some of the home made health bar recipes.

For Joelwlcx - F%^K LARABAR!!!! For the love of God don't EVER buy a Larabar!!! It's the devil's work! Please, may God punch me in the balls for EVERY SINGLE Larabar sold from now to eternity.

Yeah, but I'm still a shill.
    I don't see how what I said had anything to do with larabars... Whatever they are. I was just saying that:

1) No one needs, or should ever buy "health bars"... Candy bars, same thing. What is so hard about cooking and eating real, unprocessed, not-product, foods?

2) Simple research proved that you are advertising here, which is not allowed.

And for what it's worth, my hat isn't tin foil. It's a gold titanium alloy. That's the only way the CIA can't triangulate my thoughts.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast