Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting on the Feel Better... page

mauler5858 is offline Member

Waiting on the Feel Better...

Shop Now
    I hear many people of you talking on here about how much better you feel because of eating Primal. Ive gotta honestly say that I don't feel it yet. I have lost 19 pounds since I started on Halloween. My current diet is similar to whats below:

3 eggs & Sauteed mushrooms(coconut oil)

BAS for lunch with olive oil and red wine vinegar for lunch

Tonight I will be eating about an 8oz steak and steamed veggies.

Water throughout the day as I get thirsty, take multivitamin, fish oil, and probiotics.

I am a, now, 259 pound 28 y/o male. I have also been following the Primal Fitness pretty closely.

I'm just not feeling the "burst of energy" yet I keep hearing so much about. I still feel fairly run-down and just feel like I cannot get with it. This is not the low-carb flu, that is already done and gone. Can you guys offer any advice or encouragement.
    Starting Weight - 280lbs
    Current - 280bs
    Goal - Around 200lbs(will be focusing on the mirror and not the scale then)
    Working hard to make a healthier and more active me.

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    I found that I had bad low carb flu for a couple weeks when I started primal eating, then it got much better for a while, but didn't really clear up 100% for quite some time. I found that fasting seemed to help along with listening to my body. If I crave bacon I will eat some bacon, if I crave potatoes I will have some potatoes.

I don't really keep track of calories, but at 259lbs that does not sound like enough food. I am 180lbs and I will typically have
    3 eggs, veg, and sausage, bacon, or ham all cooked in either butter, or leftover bacon fat. And Coffee with 1 sugar, and about 1 tbsp of butter.
    Leftovers from dinner, or a BAS for lunch
    Decent size dinner.

Primal eating is more of a lifestyle not a short term thing. If you try to limit your calories too much you might have difficulties. I am personally going to try the warrior diet, and see if that can get rid of my last 10-15lbs of fat. I have found that as long as I eat when I am hungry, and listen to my body as long as you are eating a lot of fats, and protein I generally feel pretty good, and have more energy than before I started eating primal.

peril is offline Senior Member
    You're not eating enough. Too little protein and too little fat
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

neilc11 is offline Senior Member
    you lost 19 pounds since holloween,
    feel good about that,
    as you get closer to your 2xx goal weight it will be easier to feel better still,
    i'm stuck between 205 and 210, but i'm moving it from where it was to where i want it,
    stick with the PF

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    You're not eating enough. Too little protein and too little fat
    What else would you reccommend?

I have posted on here that I have been eating nuts and fruit for snacks when the weight loss has stalled. I was told to cut those out.
    Starting Weight - 280lbs
    Current - 280bs

neilc11 is offline Senior Member
    too much fruit maybe ?
    that's all fructose / sugar,,,,
    bears eat blueberries to fatten up for winter's hibernation,
    nuts, in moderation, are good fat,
    don't snack,
    eat enough good fat and protien, 3 meals a day, and drink water for snack.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I run into this sometimes as well. I dont eat enough and get run down but I am not terrible hungry just worn out feeling.

Try more eggs and veggies for breakfast. I have 4 or 5 eggs at a time with veggies and spinach all fried up like an omelete.

I eat a bas with 2 handfulls of chicken or steak.

I avoid nuts as they are like crack and I cant stop eating them.

supper is usually meat, veg, fat and often half a korean sweet potato if I am feeling run down. I also have 1 day a week where I eat a lot more than normal. Carbs. meat etc.

The doc says I need about 3500 cal a day to maintain at my size and job. I dont often come too close to that unless I work at it.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Are you exercising? My energy was low and I missed carbs until I started walking. I could do 1 mile okay, now I'm up to 2.5 miles at 7am (treadmill) running some, takes me 36-38 mins. Same at 5pm. In between I play with dogs and do shovelglove, search it on here, so much fun. Exercise will change your life. And you'll sleep like a baby.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    How much physical activity are you getting a day? I find days I don't find the time to get above 5-6k steps I'm a slug, days I hit my 10k steps+ a day goal I'm like a kid on crack laced with pure sugar all day.

Added a sweet potato in this weekend and it seemed to help some. I just do the fruit in moderation depending on the rest of the meal load.

Judy: I do exercise 4-5x a week. My workouts involve lifting weights, treadmill(brisk walking+occasional sprint). Workouts run around 30-45 min depending on the exercise. I am trying to keep my exercise within Primal Fitness guidelines.
    Starting Weight - 280lbs
    Current - 280bs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast