Thread: A little hurdle page

Jesster is offline Member

A little hurdle

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Since I can remember, I have never been able to go for more than a couple of hours between feeds. I'd eat 'just in case' I got hungry. Not because I actually was!

For the first time today I had no lunch. Nothing, nada, zip, zero. I worked out at 6am and had good old bacon and eggs, yoghurt, berries and seeds at 7am. (I know this is no biggie to you pro IFers out there but for me this is kind of a milestone) It's 4.30 and I've just had a bowl of broth. It tastes delicious but I kind of feel like I can take it or leave it. Weird.

Anyway, I feel like a weight has been lifted. One more bar from my 'food prison'. Who got the power? Why, I do believe it's me.

Good times!

AmyP is offline Member
    Happened to me on my first IF...what...I don't NEED to eat? Crazy talk!!!

Jesster is offline Member
    I know! I have no idea what I thought might happen; double vision, spasms, tremors....

I wasn't even hungry until 4pm, even then I wasn't that bothered. I love it!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesster View Post
    Since I can remember, I have never been able to go for more than a couple of hours between feeds. I'd eat 'just in case' I got hungry. Not because I actually was!

For the first time today I had no lunch. Nothing, nada, zip, zero. I worked out at 6am and had good old bacon and eggs, yoghurt, berries and seeds at 7am. (I know this is no biggie to you pro IFers out there but for me this is kind of a milestone) It's 4.30 and I've just had a bowl of broth. It tastes delicious but I kind of feel like I can take it or leave it. Weird.

Anyway, I feel like a weight has been lifted. One more bar from my 'food prison'. Who got the power? Why, I do believe it's me.

Good times!
    You are describing exactly what I was like before, and what the first day of LCHF was like for me. I was so confused with not having to plan and scheme my way through the day to avoid becoming hungry it was like I didn't know what to do with myself.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Good work! After a year of Primal I'm still not quite there with IF-ing. I've been almost there a few times where I had only a teeny supper, or was so full from breakfast I didn't want a full lunch.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    The Boyfriend knew Primal was working when I didn't rip his head off about eating a late breakfast and then skipping lunch.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com