Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: belly flab? page

girlhk is offline Senior Member

belly flab?

Primal Fuel
    I carry weight around my belly. I always look a few months pregnant, lol. Some days it's because of bloat, but there's always a spare tire there. I suppose some of it is loose skin from pregnancy.. .but I've had flab there my whole life, even when I was thin. Is it possible to get rid of it, or just something to live with? I'm of normal weight for my height.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    could the problem be the definition of 'normal' weight?
    It'll all be down to weight loss

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I carry weight around my belly too. After almost a year of primal eating it wasn't shifting, but I've cut my carbs down and started heavy lifting and it seems to be working for me. I expect it will all take time though - it's been there a long time so not expecting it to disappear overnight!

I am 5'4", 110-115lbs, rather small-boned. Even when i weighed 10lbs less, i had this flab. Was skinny-fat though..

zilog is offline Senior Member
    I don't think loose skin is a real phenomenon. Here's an interesting article I first read many years ago. The Myth of Loose Skin. Is the author a crank? Maybe. But he makes some good points, i.e. there is always some body fat that is the nucleus of the "loose skin".

Martin @ Leangains has some good tips for losing stubborn fat. Intermittent Fasting and Stubborn Body Fat | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health. It's quite a long article but basically he suggest fasting to get the body into optimal fat burning mode, then plenty of activity (walking, light cardio, etc). I have also heard it suggested that sprints & heavy lifting are great for kickstarting the process of breaking down stored fat.

But there's also the question of: do you really need to get rid of it? Maybe it's natural for you, in which case why fight it?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'm big boned. When I was 16 years old I managed to starve myself down to 108lbs. I rode my bike 5 miles to the beach every day to lay out and stay dehydrated and ate about 500 calories a day. I still had three prominent rolls of fat on my stomach that I could grab in my hands, not pinch with my fingers. Meanwhile, my sister and her friend had flat stomachs you could bounce quarters off of. I think for some of us it is just something to live with.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    My wife has a short spine, so even though she's skinny she has these little bumps of extra skin along her sides. Sort of like how some dogs (the wrinkly breeds) have too much skin. Genetics.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

neilc11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    5'4" and 110-115lbs
    if belly isn't falling over belt,,,,,
    not sure i'ld be worried,
    but then I'm a guy

carolorrell is offline Junior Member
    I started primal about 4 months ago. Fat is coming off my belly primarily....

Quote Originally Posted by zilog View Post
    But there's also the question of: do you really need to get rid of it? Maybe it's natural for you, in which case why fight it?
    I guess I don't really need to get rid of it. In my younger and vainer years, it bothered me because some clothes don't flatter me. It's not such a big deal now, but sometimes I just wonder why this flab is so stubborn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast