Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: belly flab? page 2

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lol, sbhikes, when I was in my late teens, I was underweight at about 100 lbs, and I still had rolls of belly fat as well! My family made fun of me all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    My wife has a short spine, so even though she's skinny she has these little bumps of extra skin along her sides. Sort of like how some dogs (the wrinkly breeds) have too much skin. Genetics.
    I wonder if having a short torso makes one have more belly flab? My torso is short compared to lots of people I know (people a couple inches shorter than me are taller than me when we sit down). In pregnancy I also showed very early compared to other women. I noticed many of my friends with longer torsos all have flat bellies (the thin ones).

Quote Originally Posted by carolorrell View Post
    I started primal about 4 months ago. Fat is coming off my belly primarily....
    Lucky! I haven't lost weight since starting primal way of eating. Feel like I've gotten more toned and less bloated overall though. For me, any weight loss happens on arms and legs first, face and belly last.

Quote Originally Posted by neilc11 View Post
    if belly isn't falling over belt,,,,,
    not sure i'ld be worried,
    but then I'm a guy
    Not as bad as belly falling over belt... but I can pass for a few months pregnant when I'm not, lol. My sisters are always asking me why my pregnant belly hasn't disappeared yet, my baby is 1.5 years old. Although I actually weigh less now than before I got pregnant.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zilog View Post
    I don't think loose skin is a real phenomenon. Here's an interesting article I first read many years ago. The Myth of Loose Skin. Is the author a crank? Maybe. But he makes some good points, i.e. there is always some body fat that is the nucleus of the "loose skin".
    No way, I lost a lot of weight and I definitely have loose skin. If I gain a few pounds, it fills out a bit so it may be harder to tell, but I have hardly any fat on my stomach as you can probably see from my avatar. Yet as soon as I bend down or get into a plank position, I get this weird wrinkly bag of skin hanging down around my bellybutton. It looks and feels very different from areas where I have some loose skin AND fat (e.g. my inner thighs).

Anyway, OP, it might just be where you carry your fat stores and it will never go away except for maybe very transiently if you are extremely strict with your diet and exercise, like a bodybuilder pre-competition or something. I carry my weight in my thighs and I've gotten to a point where I looked gaunt elsewhere and my weight refused to budge any further and I still had fat in my thighs. You have to try a few things, but at some point you just have to make peace with it - you're not a fitness model and you don't need a 6-pack to make a living, so don't stress too much.

KeiraJayne is offline Junior Member
    I lost my belly pouch once before so I know it's possible, even though it seems like it'll never go away. I think it was mostly diet change and HIIT that shifted it. Now it's back and I get to do it all over again
    bacon is a food group, right?

RobbyJ is offline Member
    Nothing sexier than a girl with some healthy fat. Nothing more disgusting than a girl who's thin all over -- fashion models don't look good when you meet them in person, they're grossly thin. Sir Mix-a-lot knows it, Bruce Willis' girlfriend in Pulp Fiction knows it, and an eon of human males know it, you walk around healthy with a little bit of stored energy on you. Don't lose your gut! And don't worry what your girlfriends think of it.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    I guess I don't really need to get rid of it. In my younger and vainer years, it bothered me because some clothes don't flatter me. It's not such a big deal now, but sometimes I just wonder why this flab is so stubborn.
    I have a pretty flabby middle too. A few weeks ago I started wearing a 'shaper' tank top under my clothes most of the time. Its not magical, and I'm still the same size, but everything seems to fit better when I wear it. All the flab is contained and smoothed out. FIRMA
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyJ View Post
    Nothing sexier than a girl with some healthy fat. Nothing more disgusting than a girl who's thin all over -- fashion models don't look good when you meet them in person, they're grossly thin. Sir Mix-a-lot knows it, Bruce Willis' girlfriend in Pulp Fiction knows it, and an eon of human males know it, you walk around healthy with a little bit of stored energy on you. Don't lose your gut! And don't worry what your girlfriends think of it.
    Lol, thanks! Why are girls so fixated on their bodies??

When living in India, where ladies are rounder, my in-laws nag me about gaining weight (okay, but they are overweight). Nobody gives a second thought to extra fat. When I'm in Hong Kong, where stick-thin is in, my relatives and family can't resist poking at my belly and sides, asking why I haven't lost the pregnant belly yet. So cultural.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    I have a pretty flabby middle too. A few weeks ago I started wearing a 'shaper' tank top under my clothes most of the time. Its not magical, and I'm still the same size, but everything seems to fit better when I wear it. All the flab is contained and smoothed out. FIRMA
    Oh, interesting! Are these comfortable?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast