Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Paleo work in progress, weight loss journal page 9

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ive been a bit better the last couple weeks, but not good. i am still basically just maintaining weight with four or five good days followed by a bad day etc. i am still not pleased with myself, but at the same time am not going to beat myself up. i know in two weeks when football is over Im goin to be bustin my ass again to get down to 225
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

79 pounds down 54 pounds from primal

im somewhere are 270 right now, which puts me up over 15 pounds. the stress of life has really beat me up and i hate myself for it, but i know im back on the train again and will be back down soon.
    cheers
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

So. . .

Football season has come to a close and other than a bad day yesterday i have been back on the lifestyle and working pretty well. football really kicked my ass and i was 276 or so when the season ended, which is up 22 pounds. i knew a lot of that was just extra crap built up in my body, water etc and by this saturday i was already down to 268, which brings my gain to a more modest 16 pounds.

I made a deal with a primal friend to start a whole 30 today, so i wound up indulging in some football food yesterday while enjoying some beers during the games. this will be my last hurrah for a while and im stoked to be back on the train. I have been feeling lathargic, depressed, sleeping poorly and am just super excited to be rolling in a correct direction again so i can feel, look and be healthier.

Whole 30 goals:

Lose the 15 or so pounds i am up from football
    No alcohol or grains except on thanksgiving (i am sure some of you are willing to stay true on turkey day but stuffing is happening for me)
    Once weekly weigh ins - whole 30 usually asks you not to weigh yourself at all but that's not reasonable for me, i am a little ocd about it.
    Get back to my play, disc golf, more frequenly, walking 15-30 miles a week.
    No fast food - even when eating on plan i occasionally in a rush get some fast food burgers sans the bun and thats certainly not grass fed beef

thats about it. Looking forward to updating here with cheerful stuff again. cheers
    a
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

i decided to throw up a before in between picture at 333 and 262 to remotivate me.
    image-1.jpg
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

So football season has been over for a couple weeks and I've been trucking along pretty well again. I was 268 this morning. I'm up 14 pounds total but know I'll be down here in a few more weeks. Cheers
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    I'm encouraged by your honesty! Thank you for that. I hope you hit all of your goals. You've done so well already! Wink and a smile...

So, things havent been great. i was trucking along doing whole 30 and not losing any weight, then fell off a bit for thanksgiving. back on the straight and narrow afterwards but been very disappointed with the scale, ive actually gained another pound.

Starting today, I am keeping a much more precise food log. i need to figure out what ive been doing wrong, because it feels like what i was doing previously to lose 80 pounds and now nothing is happening. I really want to get close to 260 by the holidays, up six pounds from my low but that seems unlikely. i was 270 this morning, which is still up 16 pounds from my low, and thats happened gradually over six months. i am disappointed. i am upset, i want to be where i am pleased with progress and feeling good again, and i am certainly not at that point right now.
    anyway, im not giving in to anything, just a bit frustrated and looking forward to increased weight loss
    a
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

well, i have been avoiding coming on here because things havent changed much, in fact i managed to pack on a few more pounds through the holidays. i am at 277 this morning, this is up 23 from my low weight, but still down 56 pounds. I have been eating on plane again for the last couple weeks save a night out watching football drinking beer and eating fried delicasies.

like many people who have gained and lost and gained and lost their whole lives i suppose i am still both discouraged and optimistic, which is an interesting feeling. if i had been here years ago i would have just fallen off and gained 90 pounds, finishing off higher than i started. I AM NOT doing that this time. I am not gaining back another pound because i know how good i was feeling being consistant and good. Unfortuanately i have been on plan for a couiple weeks and havent really lost any weight. think my body is just a bit in flux at the moment. need to get cracking

In addition, i developed an anal fissure early in december and that has prevented any and all activity and requires me to up the fiber intake, which has been a hastle.

Anyway, heres to a return to the 250s soon

a
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

Ive been eating quite clean for the last month and a half and lost literally zero weight. i was 276 last i weighed in, quite stagnant. heres to a hopeful future.
    a
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

So another 45 days or so have passed and not much has happened. i am currently at 280ish but that is a bit misleading as i ate poorly yeasterday. ill be mid 270's by the weekend.
    I was pretty perfect through most of march and got back into the 260's but a trip to las vegas and easter derailed me a bit again. no fault but my own. just posting to keep tabs on my process.
    a
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789