Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Paleo work in progress, weight loss journal page 8

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    After 10 days or so back on the horse I was back at 258 however I was on vacation with family all week last week and ate and drank a lot of inappropriate things and am paying for it. I was 276 this morning. That's right. 18 pounds in a week. Some of this will come right off but am guessing it'll be a month or longer before I get back to where I was in June, 254. Regardless I will move on and get back to where I wanna be regardless of how long it takes
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

79 pounds down 54 pounds from primal

Been back on for two full days and down to 268. 14 pounds to go return to pre summer low. Cheers
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

264 this morning. 10 more to get back to pre summer weight. Keep trucking
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Keep grokking on, Miller and you will soon be lite. Eating well is taking care of yourself.

thanks annieh. i have been struggling. like many others who have lows with any diet or lifestyle switch or whatever you call, stress and time have gotten in my way. i am coaching football which requires me to work 14 hour days and meal planning has really fallen off. our team gets meals twice a week for games (jv game and varsity game) which is always pasta, the coaches get pizza at all meetings and parents bribe us with constant sweets. yesterday is the perfect example of my days, i ate a healthy breakfast and lunch, went on our road trip for away game where the team eats, i resisted the pasta, was starving, chewed on some sunflower seeds during the game, got back to the school at 1130 when the coaches got pizza and i had a piece. leaving there at 2am and being back to my normal job of teaching at 730am.
    In short, i have little spare time, constant temptations and terrible sleep schedule.
    i am aware of the fact that this is all fixable and overcomable (thats a word now if it wasnt before) but it has been difficult. I refuse to gain wait back, and am fluctuating between 261-265 depending on the previous days. im probably 72-25 right now, which appears to allow me to maintain weight, but that also means im up like 8 pounds from june and although im not gaining more, i want to get back down and work on reaching new lows and goals. football season needs to end for my sanity sake and for my waistline.
    Any, a bientot
    a
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

LisaLS is offline Senior Member
    Don't let the cheats and whatnot get you down. It happened, brush yourself off and get back to healthier eating as you've done and will continue to do.

Maybe you could make yourself a large batch of some beef (or whatever type of meat) jerky you could bring along on the coaching trips? Might be more satisfying than sunflower seeds.
    And if you're really wanting some pizza that doesn't use ground beef for the base...
    You could try Flourless Cheesy Bread Recipe | The Nourished Life

You've come so far! Don't let the old habits get the best of you!
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

I continue to flounder a bit here. I have certainly not fallen into old habits, or id be 300 pounds already, but i certainly have not been perfect. I was 260 on friday but had some drinks and appetizers with friends and am probably up a few pounds today.

at any rate, i decided to come in and post for accounablity sake. i need to get back to 98% paleo/primal and have been struggling to do so. i am commited to living healthy and losing weight. i will not be the yo yo dieter ever again

a
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

I am going to vent a bit here, because i am so upset with my life and myself.

Each work week i plan my meals well, eat on plan for the most part. however, each friday and saturday i blow up. part of this is my surroundings getting to me. I am a football coach and fridays are varsity games and saturday jv games, which means i am eating four meals in two days away from home and away from a refrigerator or microwave. this means everyone else orders takeout and i am left to my own devices. I have really struggled with this lately, and have been partaking in the pizza and chinese far too often, and then every saturday night i try to unwind with friends, drink and wind up eating mroe horrible stuff.

I am not making any excuses, i need to adapt and move forward, i am just venting my own frustrations with myself. i have been primal for nearly a year now and lost a total of 80 pounds as of july, but im up around ten since the start of footabll season. This has me feeling like shit physically and mentally, and i truly want to be sure i dont fall back into old habits and gain back this weight. back on the train this week. at this point i want to get back to my low weight which is 254 by the end of football season. I was 261 on friday morning and didnt weigh myself today after my weekend of being a dumbass, but im sure i'm up anywhere from 5-10, but that will likely disappear by the end of the week and ill be around 260 again.

Cheers

a
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

I am so ready to be posting positive updates on here again, not maintenance bullshit
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    Hi Miller--
    Hang in there--you have a tough challenge with your job, the stress, and the temptations involved. Keep working at finding alternatives. Someone mentioned jerky as a "snack" to help keep you on track, probably a good idea. Another thing you might do is invest in a "food saver" that sucks out the air from your pre-portioned and cooked meals. Because there's no air, those meals can go unrefrigerated for a short amount of time, and might provide you with heartier snacks to help you resist the temptation. You could set the meals up the weekend before (or when you have time), suck them in individual packets, freeze them, and just take them out the day of the games and let them defrost until you need them. (I do this every week because I have a job that takes me away for 3 days without a kitchen, although I have a microwave).
    Throw together things like cooked bacon, ground beef and some veggies, suck it up in the foodsaver, freeze, and eat it when it's defrosted... At least you get a meal and will be less tempted by pizza...!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast