Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo work in progress, weight loss journal page 6

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    265.7 today. pretty pleased to have seen a smaller number. been stuck on 267-269 for about two weeks.
    my brithday is may 8, i will be 32 and think that i will be trying to be perfect almost whole 30 status until then
    cheers
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

79 pounds down 54 pounds from primal

264.4 today. I seem to get really stagnant for a couple weeks then lose 2-4 pounds in 3 or 4 days then stagnant. whateer. down is down
    a
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

i was 265 this morning and a bit depressed. no weight loss in a week in fact about a pound gain. hopefully itll kickstart again but i have a rough week coming up. my birthday is wednesday and we are jgoing out on saturday to celebrate. both those days are likely to be pretty non primal and will mess me up for a week or so. shit happens. cheers
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

bad weekend for birthday. sure i gained a lot of weight
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

happy to be back where i was before my birthday mistakes. glad to be back on track
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

Sick Man Talking is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Millersoontobelite View Post
    That's an impressive difference. I bet you feel a lot more comfortable in your clothes now.

hey thanks. its been a journey and i still have quite a bit to go but nice to see a difference in my pictures.

i have hit a bit of a plateau lately, i went up around my birthday but have been back to 264 for four days or so and im kind of gettin sick of this weight. I have only lost 2 pounds in the last 30 days.
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

So I decided I wanted to put a more thorough update on here so that maybe in the future i will recall where i am and how i am feeling when i look back.

In short, nearly 70 pounds down sounds like a great achievement but i have been feeling pretty defeated lately. I like what i eat for the most part but yet i can help but feel stuck in something that i have to do for the rest of my life that i dont love. dont get me wrong i ated being morbidly obese, but i have lost a lot of weight and still have so much more to go and it really isnt happening. I ate very poorly for a couple days early in the month and of course the scale jumped up 12-15 pounds. I know why this happens and knew i would be back down to where i was within a week and sure enough i was. But i cant get past 263.8 and in face i was 265 this morning.

Part of me knows why i havent been losing weight but part of me is still perplexed.

I havent been sleeping well, money problems have been stacking up and i seem to have a racing mind at night. I have been going to bed at a reasonable enough time to ensure 8-9 hours of sleep and yet toss and turn for two hours of that and doze for the rest. THis i am sure has a fair amount to do with my plateau. I have also been indulging in mixed nuts more than normal, i dont eat much of the peanuts i pick them out but i probably should cut this out (it is often my breakfast) my water intake has been down and my activity level has leveled off and maybe faltered a little bit.

That beings said, at 263 pounds, eating basically 98% paleo i still feel like i should be losing a couple pounds a week. I am extrememly disappointed as i had set a goal of 250 by summer break (june 25) and when i was 264 april 25 or so that was perfeclty within my grasp at a normal 7-10 pound a month clip. Now i am just praying i can get in the 250s in the next few weeks.

People often talk about plateau busters and i guess i may try something. I may start IF once a week, drink a ton of water, get more sleep and all that.

In short, i dont hate my lifestyle right now, but despite how huggy feely many of you are about Primal/paleo and how happy it has made me, i am losing patience and just want it to continue to work. Diet is a four letter word people hate around here, but every human has a "diet" and my daily "diet" isnt doing what i want it to and it just has me pretty defeated right now.

I hope i update in a week at 260 or so and feel better, but my optimism is waneing
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Millersoontobelite View Post
    I have also been indulging in mixed nuts more than normal, i dont eat much of the peanuts i pick them out but i probably should cut this out (it is often my breakfast)
    You may need to give them up if you can't control it. Have you tried weighing out a serving?

Diet is a four letter word people hate around here, but every human has a "diet" and my daily "diet" isnt doing what i want it to and it just has me pretty defeated right now.
    I try to avoid the word "diet" by itself altogether. I use "way of eating" to describe long-term goals and "weight loss diet" for what most people do to try to lose weight by "dieting".

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast