Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo work in progress, weight loss journal page 4

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I worked hard to get to 282.6 yesterday morning, but had some super bowl indulgences and likely gain.
    I had wings fried in crisco, half a pepperoni roll and about a serving of tostitos with sausage dip.

As with anytime you indulge a little bit there are some negative feelings today about it. That beings said, I didnt eat the pizza or brownies or various other delicious foods that were available. I indulged slightly, whereas in the past i would have gone nuts.

i am fasting today and running after school to make myself feel a bit better. I really wanted 279 by this coming weekend, which was possible without the super bowl back track, but i am confident i can come close.

later

well its been a rough couple weeks. i had some small probles eating at the super bowl but was back down to where i was at 282.6 on friday. however, we went to the outer banks this weekend and i just ate whatever the hell i wanted. Beer, pizza, fries, wings. it was the only time in three months that i really just said screw it.
    Obviously that means the scale was mean this morning. 287. i want to be good and lose weight, but i want to live life too. i have refused bad food and dirink a hundred times in the last few months and i finally just enjoyed.
    Worth it? yea. screw it. some of you are probably turning nose down at that idea. But i just had an amazing weekend eating and drinking with friends. If i hadnt drank i wouldnt have eaten bad, but if i hadnt drank i would have been bored and annoyed. so, i am ok with my decisions. i had a blast.

Back on the wagon today, going to farmers market for food and fasting for lunch today. I am looking forward to it.
    till later
    a

First day back on after a bad weekend. took a lot out of me. i was tired all day and hungry. I wound up fasting for lunch and had a small salad for dinner. I was hungry but nothing sounded good so i went light in an effort to kind of fall back into the diet a bit more aggressively.
    have a great day everyone

julesy is offline Junior Member
    Hi Miller! I just started my paleo journal yesterday and am trying to figure out which journals to follow. Some are a little overwhelming (thousands of entries and responses), but since you started (paleo) around the same time I did and have some similar feelings about it and ups and downs, I figured I would try to continue to read yours and cheer you on! I went from reading your first whole page and then skipped to the last and was pleased to see you've lost almost twenty pounds! Fantastic! It's taken me a whole year to lose 25 pounds (not on paleo). I'm struggling with the last 10-15 and also still dealing with low energy and chronic health issues which is why I'm trying paleo.

Anyway, superbowl was hard, huh? I had some potato chips, lots of wine and two diet cokes. Oh and a homemade chocolate chip cookie. I paid for ti the next day and also gained a few pounds (mostly bloating probably). Last weekend was hard too. I ate a lot of tortilla chips. It sounds like we have a similar binging problem. I'm really diligent ALL of the time and then wham comes an occasion and I too say F____ it. Have you read the book "The End of Overeating"? I just finished it and thought it was a REALLY good study on why we overeat. It blames a lot of it on the food and restaurant industry making food addictive and I agree, although some of that blame is still on us. In any case, I think you should read it. It has some good ideas on how to control yourself in most situations.

OK! Let's have a good month. No superbowls coming up, although I have a camping trip planned this weekend (with friends who are visiting) and an Oscar's party to go to. Better start thinkin of my paleo treats now!

julesy is offline Junior Member
    Hey, Miller! Where U At????

Thanks for the reply julesy. I was busy this week and didn't get on mda much. Thanks for the support. It's a journey and I am enjoying it.
    Despite my struggles last weekend my scale was very forgiving this week. I was 278 this morning which puts me at 30 lbs since going primal and 54 total. I made ribs this weekend with a homemade BBQ sauce made of apple cider vinegar, honey, spices and hot sauce. They were amazing. I'm playing football with some friends this afternoon so I hope to burn a few extra calories as well.
    Have a good one everyone

Its a new week. i went shopping yesterday and bought some size 38 jeans. they are tight but totally close to being wearable. so hopefully ten pounds or so. i havent worn 38's as an adult ever. Its been such an interesteding journey to this point. i hope i can keep it up. . . 277.6 this morning, i was 278.4 on sunday so nothing really since then but it was an amazing loss that weekend so its fine.
    peace out

Disappointed. I am up 2 pounds this week. Little bummed. Not sure why, been good and have had some good play this week. Ugh

i am still up a couple pounds for the last couple weeks, kind of waffling between 277-279 daily. i cant figure out what i have done wrong, just a plateua i guess.
    i made meatballs last night 50/50 grass fed beef and sausage. homemade tomato sauce was tasty. dinner tonight oven baked wings and some sweet potato fries

well. . . .
    things havent gone well. I stayed right around 278 for two weeks. This weekend when my parents were in town i ate pretty lousy. I had pizza and some other bread and ice cream. No ones fault but my own but i was definitely getting discouraged. I suppose thats why many of us wind up overweight in the first place, making bad decisions.
    At any rate, back on the wagon but a bit upset with myself for contributing to my own delinquincy. Cheers folks.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast