Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo work in progress, weight loss journal page 3

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i made primal chili last night so ill be eating that for the forseeable future for lunch lol am i the only one that makes enormous amounts of chili whenever i make it?
    anyway, disc golf today, been lazy lately. Teacher center is filled with candy and cookies. avoiding like the plague.

288 this morning. Students have begun bringing me delicious confections as gifts. i am saving them for a rainy day except for some bread i got that i put in the teacher center for others to enjoy.
    Last edited by Millersoontobelite; 12-21-2012 at 04:55 AM. Reason: I am a teacher and i misspelled three words. oops

well i am back after christmas break.
    overall, i am pleased with how i did while i was with family. i ate poorly on christmas eve, average on christmas day. I was then perfect prima/paleo until new years eve and day where i once again partook. i didnt weigh myself and wont until satuday probably. i expect i gained a few pounds but not the 15 that i would have had i eaten whatever i wanted the whole time.
    i am doing a whole 30 challenge this month with a friend so that should help kick start. i have set a weight loss goal of ten pounds for the month, 277 by february 1st.
    I am doing a polar plunge in virginia beach that day to supoprt special olympics (donations accepted!! pm me for info, shamless plug for charity i know) so sadly i will have to be in a bathing suit then. . .

I weighed myself this morning and wasnt pleased. i was 297.
    this was a bit of surprise, but i know it is mostly extra garbage and water in my body after a couple bad days. i am only about a day and a half since i traveled back and ate a bit bad at home, so i am sure by the end of next week ill be back to where i was or close.
    i have set a goal. 280 by super bowl, and 260 by spring break. that would be a new low weight for me in about 5 years and a break beach trip should be motivating.
    a

i was 291 yesterday. only up 3 from christmas indulgences. I am doing a whole 30 challenge with a friend and am having a hard time not weighing myself. I didnt today, and will try not to for at least a week but it is ireally hard for me. i need to know i am making progress. for someone that only needs to lose 5-10 pounds, they can easily tell on their body if they have lost a couple, but when you need to lose 90 it takes a lot more to feel different and i need the scale to reinforce my feelings about how i am doing.
    anyway, a bien tot

For the first time since starting a paleo journey two months ago I am getting a little frustrated.
    i have been between 288-290 for a week now, one day up, one day down.

I feel like i have eaten similary to the way i was before christmas break, and am rather dejected at the moment. I am not planning on falling off the wagon or anything, just dont like to do anything in my life and feel like i wasted my time. I have had two beers and a manhatten in the last few days, but have otherwise stuck to the plan. i think part of the problem here is that i have been less active, but not by desire. I am a big advocate of 'play' and the weather hasnt been appropiate for my play activity and i have been cooped up. i understand that some of you are great at finding alternative indoor activities but it is definitely a fault for me.

Yesterday i made a new concoction. i made a marinara sauce from scratch using tomatos and paleo spices, oregano, garlic etc. I then made meatballs using half sausage half grass fed beef, one egg, spices and a dash of parmesean to help hold it together. Cooked them in a little coconut oil and made what i called meatball soup. it was tasty to say the least.

i located a new farmers market and went with a friend and got some great deals on meat. i now have a four pound roast, lots of ground and link sausage, thick cut bacon, chicken breasts, a small pork loin and fresh veggies for like 39 bucks. it was great.

broke under 288 for the first time in 5 years yesterday. 287. Basically pleased with this, i am fasting today and am a little more hungry than i usually am when i do this.
    no other real updates, the weather here in virginia has been ridiculously bad so my play has been zero this week, but i still walked/ran a bit twice.
    a bien tot

its been like a week and a half since my update here. It has been a good clean eating month for me but my activity has been below par. i am a andvocate of play and my play is disc golf and the weather has just been atrocious. we had 6 straight days of rain followed by a week of below freezing and snow here in coastal virignia. i realize there are way to stay active in bad weahter, but certainly has dampened my fun recenlty.
    I was 284.4 this morning. I am a little unsure how i feel abou this number. i have lost 2.5 pounds in about 11 days. my goal is 7-10 pounds a month, which means i am a little behind. January is rough for a lot of people, after holiday blues etc. i have had an insanely difficult time getting back into a sleep routine (I am a teacher, no not english so back off my typos) after the christmas holiday. I know this has affected my energy and my weight loss. I am on day 27 of a whole 30 challange with a coouple friends and except for a tiny bit of cheese at a mexican restuarant have eaten perfectly clean since the 2nd.
    I am going to vegas for spring break and when i went last year i was 320. i wanted to have lost 55-60 pounds by then, which means i need to lose 15-20 by the first week of april. Should be very doable.
    Anyway, enjoy
    a

i was up at 285.2 this morning. No reason why, probably just holding onto a little water or something.
    not too concerned. i am having bacon wrapped filet tonight with a few sweet potato fries yum

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    284 flat this morning. this is 49 pounds. really want that fifty number bad.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast