Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo work in progress, weight loss journal page 2

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Millersoontobelite View Post

the good thing here is that i felt AWFUL afterwards and this morning. Stomach in knots, indigestion, lathargic, poor nights sleep etc. The reinforcement this gives me that my body was liking what i was doing and not appreciating the poison i put it in is appreciated.

a
    This is very important and was the key to my own success. A lot of this is psychological. I am at a point where foods like candy, pizza, soda, etc. just don't tempt me at all because I just don't see them as food any more. I know they will make me feel sick, and sure, occasionally I still cheat (but then with real ice cream or chocolate, I still avoid wheat) but that is becoming rarer and rarer as it's just not worth it.

This is a marathon, not a sprint, and you have to be in it for the long run so don't obsess too much about actual numbers, go by how you feel and as long as the trend is downwards, you're good.

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    What is a bit unfortunate for me is that like many obese people my happiness on a day to day basis has often revolved around meals. i havent found anything in the primal lifestyle that i truly love. thus, i really miss that happiness i get from food. I understand this is part of the problem for many people, and why we often get overweight in the first place, but I havent found anything to replace that feeling.

For dinner last night i made breakfast caserole/quiche type deal. in a bread pan layer of breakfast sausage, layer of bacon, four eggs scrambled up, some veggies, hot sauce etc. ill have the leftovers for dinner tonight.
    for lunch i have a boring salad. . .

i bought some running shoes online today. i dont really plan on running long distances but i am walking a lot with some sprinting from time to time and i wanted a pair.

Im going to brave the scale tomorrow. With the setback on sunday, i am hoping i will be back to where I was, but we shall see.

change in plans for dinner tonight. This will actually be my first real meal out since i started this. i am taking a lovely and shockingly paleo/primal lady out to dinner tonight and we chose mexican as i can easily eat some fajita meat, lettuce tomato and a little cheese with hot sauce for a meal.
    cheers

Yesterday was good. I played disc golf prior to my date at a mexican restaurant so that was my walking for the day, only about two miles but the added disc throwing helps the overall workout. i had chicken soft tacos and just took them off the shells, made a pile and covered in hot sauce. although i could have dealt with more, it was still an adequete and basically paleo meal (save the cheese)

i weighed myself today at 292. That is up a pound from last weekend but i assumed that after my first bad day on sunday. if i can still manage to lose 1-2 new pounds before sunday which would put me under 290 i would be happy. I am going home for christmas on the 24th and in those 12 days my hope is to lose 7 pounds. this is a bit lofty i realize, but i want to be perfect in an attempt to curtail any small set back that may occur over the holidays.

I also just went back and realized this is one week I have been posting, and even with the bad day I still lost one pound in that week. Thats hard to be mad at, 2-3 is my goal, so with the pizza on sunday I am really not unpleased with that.

skipped breakfast this morning. last night i ate leftover egg caserole dish i made a couple days ago and put some chicken and some fajita seasoning i made up in the crock pot last night. ill have that chicken concoction on top of letttuce and cheese with some tapatio today for lunch. dinner is up in the air as i have to be here at school until 10 or so, probably go out and get salad from a local ukrops or a couple burgers minus rolls. Whateveri can do faster.

Ash877 is offline Member
    Sweet, nice to see a fellow disc golf enthusiast here. That is definitely what I count as my play time. Love it!! Unfortunately it is pretty cold here right now. Maybe I ought to bundle up a little and go out anyway, there's no snow on the ground right now.

Remember, don't get too caught up in what the scale says. I have only lost 1 lb in the last week, but I have lost a lot of inches, and I am sleeping much better. This is about a lot more than weight loss.

I find the best way to succeed is to look at it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet.

I totally agree about the lifestyle thing, although i think that is true with any "diet" I have long been a slave to the scale but it hasnt been such an issue with me this time around. I care, but i know how much better i feel, and it sort of circumvents how i feel mentally if i dont lose a lot.

disc golf was something i sort of fell into. My friends have all played for years and a couple years back i started playing with them and, while i still get irritated with the luck factor (lucky bounces of trees, hitting the chains and bouncing out etc) i have come to enjoy my time outside playing. We have a top 50 course in the cuontry close to home called New Quarter Park. Although it is chilly here we are able to play year round. it is a nice 3 mile hike if nothing else.
    a

289 this morning. Eating healthy all week after pizza last week. Have a paleo party at my buddy's to watch the crossfit games tomorrow and on top of everything shot my personal best at disc today. Good day

no progress since sunday. i sort of gorged on sunday watching the crossfit games with friends. it was all paleo/primal although there was some cheese involved but i feel i overdid it. This is much better than overindulging on pizza or cookies, but i still am hoping to cut down on explosive overeating regardless of what it is. it was truly the first time i have felt overfull since i started this journey. I was uncomfortable and that was a good reinforcer for me.
    I have made a tentative eating plan for my 8 days in new york with family. my hope is to be under 290 when i return (289 today, so basically a wash between now and the first) so i have broken the news to family. christmas eve we have italian christmas with that half of the family. heavy pastas, sausages, breads etc. i figure i can enjoy a few hot italian sausages with a little marinara and avoid most of the unhealthy. christmas day, judge me or critisize if you want, but i am going to eat. i will try to focus on the ham and pineapple at dinner but will i am sure enjoy a piece of pie and a cookie or two. the rest of the time i am home i plan to eat the way i have been. we shall see, i would be pleased to be where i am today then, and if i could manage to lose a pound or two that is welcome as well. I am hoping for snow so i can ski. . .

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast