Thread: When to eat tubers/fruit page

amyb is offline Member

When to eat tubers/fruit

Primal Fuel
    I exercise at the gym every morning at 5:30am...I don't eat before my workouts. I've found that my muscles and legs are tired lately...its really hard to warm up. I think its a lack of carbs. In the summer I eat alot of fruit to fuel my climbing/mtn biking/hiking as well but in the winter not so much.

I'm wondering if I'm going to eat more sweet potato etc and see if it helps my morning workouts...when should I eat it? In the AM with breakfast, lunch or at night with dinner to fuel the next morning?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Schwartzie is offline Junior Member
    Martin Berkham (LeanGains) had a great post on when it's best to eat carbs.
    Is Late Night Eating Better for Fat Loss and Health? | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health
    His diet/training protocol calls for alternate day carb-loading/low carb but otherwise check out this article.
    If you don't want to read the whole thing (you should, it has some great studies and info) skip to the summary at the end before the comments.
    Also he has a great post on why breakfast is not as good as once thought:
    Why Does Breakfast Make Me Hungry? (Major Update July 16th) | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Grok On,
    Andrew

amyb is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartzie View Post
    Martin Berkham (LeanGains) had a great post on when it's best to eat carbs.
    Is Late Night Eating Better for Fat Loss and Health? | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health
    His diet/training protocol calls for alternate day carb-loading/low carb but otherwise check out this article.
    If you don't want to read the whole thing (you should, it has some great studies and info) skip to the summary at the end before the comments.
    Also he has a great post on why breakfast is not as good as once thought:
    Why Does Breakfast Make Me Hungry? (Major Update July 16th) | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Grok On,
    Andrew
    Thanks! I'm not worried about gaining weight...I want to know when it will benefit my morning workout the most...whether I eat carbs in the evening before bed or in the AM after my workout so my muscles aren't feeling fatigued all the time.