Thread: Gov shuts down oyster farm (produces 40% os US fresh oysters) page

Moochy is offline Senior Member

Gov shuts down oyster farm (produces 40% os US fresh oysters)

Shop Now
    This is local and in my backyard. Government has ruled to close a farm whose contract goes back 80 years. This is a clean business feeding people and employees quite a few. I have been out there and they run the place with a conscious effort. Absolute disastrous bureaucratic blunder.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I am outraged. I used to support PRNS but I am tired of their heavy-handedness.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I'm almost willing to bet that there's an oil well in that area.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    This means more oysters from china. Yay.

Baffling that there are people who actually believe the government does more good than bad.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Ouaouaron is offline Senior Member
    I listened to a Heritage food radio podcast a few years ago. Sounded like a great operation. Too bad.
    An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
    -Somebody funny

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I know Drakes Bay, I've spent a fair amount of time hiking around Point Reyes. It seems odd that they're that concerned with the environmental impact of farming oysters when just a little ways south is the highly toxic SF bay.