Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Protein Problem page 3

  1. #21
    solstice's Avatar
    solstice is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Posts
    471
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    And the testosterone thing...I think lifting heavier weights might help. I have been doing it for about 6 or 7 weeks now and I really think my testosterone is waking up, if you get my drift. I was once prescribed a topical testosterone cream by my doctor because of my particular complaint. He should have prescribed squats because they work way better for sure. Not body weight squats, either, because I spent 10 months doing those without effect, but real ones with like a hundred pounds on my back.
    I agree with this. I shunned lifting for YEARS (although did it in college and was in great shape!) Back to lifting...although I need some help with confidence using crazy equipment in the gym. Agree that it can absolutely boost your testosterone!! Twice a week is all I do right now and I LOVE IT!
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

  2. #22
    middlemist camelia's Avatar
    middlemist camelia is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    [sarcasm]Nothing is more attactive than condescension.[/sarcasm] Nor is anything easier to ignore. If you want people to listen to you, you might try not treating them like they are nitwits.
    thanks Joaniel... i must say that stung a little. gosh, there's so much confusion out there about what we are supposed to do for optimal health, i DO FEEL LIKE A NITWIT... albeit a very intelligent one. studies contradict studies, doctors and scientists lie, distort, and just sometimes don't care - and some well meaning ones just get it wrong. ugh! i came on here for suggestions from people who may have had a similar experience NOT an insulting slap in the face by a complete stranger! p.s. what does it mean to be a senior member? how did that guy become one????

  3. #23
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    You are suffering from a disorder known as Acute Fuckarounditis. Symptoms include treadmills, stairmasters, personal trainers, cardio, egg whites, bosu balls, and pink dumbbells. In extreme cases, the afflicted are known to enter a trance-like state and repeatedly chant, "just wanna get toned, not bulky...."
    You, m'dear are suffering from an acute case of quoting Martin and trying to sound as badass as he does. He's got the abs to back up the attitude. Play nice.

  4. #24
    middlemist camelia's Avatar
    middlemist camelia is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    I agree with this. I shunned lifting for YEARS (although did it in college and was in great shape!) Back to lifting...although I need some help with confidence using crazy equipment in the gym. Agree that it can absolutely boost your testosterone!! Twice a week is all I do right now and I LOVE IT!
    whoa! 100lbs.?? STUD!!! I'm totally inspired.

  5. #25
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by middlemist camelia View Post
    umm, my mouth twists up like I just ate a lemon when I think of anything fermented - but I am definitely willing to try that. I don't think I've ever really had any - except pickles. Any recommendations?
    Almost any veggie can be fermented and you can do it yourself!

    Try: Pickled okra, sauerkraut, fermented salsa, pickled hot peppers, kimchi, almost anything. If you can't buy it, you can make it!

    By the way, store bought brands normally have most of the good stuff missing. There are a few exceptions (stuff sold at Whole Foods, ect.) but sourcing a good fermenter who sells at local farmer's markets or making your own (just need saltwater, veggies, and a few days) is best.

  6. #26
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,018
    As women, we have been fed for years the following: do more reps at lighter weights so you don't bulk up. While a small number of women will bulk up if they do heavy weights, most won't. I could lift heavy weights from now until they put me in the crematorium, and I'd just get stringy. I'll never have a great ass about which songs are written (Baby Got Back), but I can have the firmest small ass on the block.


  7. #27
    middlemist camelia's Avatar
    middlemist camelia is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    As women, we have been fed for years the following: do more reps at lighter weights so you don't bulk up. While a small number of women will bulk up if they do heavy weights, most won't. I could lift heavy weights from now until they put me in the crematorium, and I'd just get stringy. I'll never have a great ass about which songs are written (Baby Got Back), but I can have the firmest small ass on the block.


    Laughing [and droppin' it like it's hot] as I reply - that's freakin' hilarious!!! Yep, I have fallen for the same advice regarding weights. Gonna ditch the stairmaster for a while and head strait for that section of the gym that terrifies the [bleep] out of me... you know, where all the meat heads hang out. I have no idea what I'm gonna do when I get there, but at least I'll be outta my comfort zone!

  8. #28
    middlemist camelia's Avatar
    middlemist camelia is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Almost any veggie can be fermented and you can do it yourself!

    Try: Pickled okra, sauerkraut, fermented salsa, pickled hot peppers, kimchi, almost anything. If you can't buy it, you can make it!

    By the way, store bought brands normally have most of the good stuff missing. There are a few exceptions (stuff sold at Whole Foods, ect.) but sourcing a good fermenter who sells at local farmer's markets or making your own (just need saltwater, veggies, and a few days) is best.
    YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!! I LOVE OKRA. Woohoo, fun weekend project. (I'm so easy to please) THANKS FOR ADVICE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •