Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sprinting fasted? page

Sandamel is offline Member

Sprinting fasted?

So... looking for opinions.

I would think that sprinting fasted would likely burn more fat than sprinting fed. Do people do that? Do you have enough "gas in the tank" to finish your sprint session?

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i almost always sprint fasted. i prefer it, and i feel like it doesn't cut down on my steam at all. i'm not sure that it cuts the fat any faster, but it can't hurt. sometimes i stay in a fasted state for a while after sprinting, and i think that gives a little extra burn.

Awesome, thanks for the input!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    After a couple years on primal, I normally sprint fasted (or with just a few nuts) and have plenty of steam.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I like sprinting fasted because if I eat my daily meal, my belly is heavy. Lifting heavy things is fine on a full stomach, but anything like sprinting feels cleaner on a empty stomach for sure. Sometimes I'll have a can of oysters or similar just before a work-out so the protein is in my bloodstream soon after, but that's pretty infrequent and only if it seems like a good idea that day.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Now if only I could wake up early enough to do a fasted spring workout... Hmmm... Guess I'll wait until my next fasting day and do it when I get home from work!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandamel View Post
    Now if only I could wake up early enough to do a fasted spring workout... Hmmm... Guess I'll wait until my next fasting day and do it when I get home from work!
    this is what i usually do, and break my fast right after. but, if you can squeeze in a sprint workout sometime during the work day, you'll be amazed at the energy you have for the rest of the day.

I'll try that tomorrow. No brekkie, stair sprints at lunch, then eat. Thanks for the great idea!

Note to self: don't wear a skirt and heels to work tomorrow

I sprint fasted, as well. I usually sprint on the weekend, so I sleep in late and head to the high school track around noon. I don't find that it hinders my performance at all. As Knifegill said, it feels "cleaner" to sprint on an empty stomach. No worrying whether I am sprint too soon after eating or whether food will be sloshing around in my belly! My reward afterwards is always a big cup of coffee, then a good lunch. Hope it goes well for you!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Actually, waiting till the weekend might be a better idea than trying to get it done during work. It means I won't have access to stairs, but I do have a treadmill that can do a wicked incline (there's WAY too much ice outside for me to sprint out there at this time of year).

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast