Thought I'd share one of my favourite breakfasts. Shakshouka is basically eggs poached in a rich spicy tomato base. I'm not an exact cook, so this changes depending on my mood and what I have in the fridge/pantry. The first time I had this was at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens in Cape Town, and it was love at first taste. It seems to be eaten all around the Mediterranean, with Lebanese, Israeli, Egyptian and Moroccan versions. This is my own adaptation, but if you google it, you'll find lots of variations.

Dice and cook onion in olive oil (I use brown, red or spring onions). Stir through a teaspoon of ground cumin and a teaspoon of ground paprika. Throw in loads of garlic, crushed tomatoes (I use the jars of pureed tomatoes, but tinned would work well too, or even fresh, skinned and chopped.) and cook for a few minutes. (You can add diced red or green peppers, chilli, grated ginger, salt, pepper, at this stage too.) Once the veggies are nice and mushy, crack in as many eggs as you want. Simmer gentley until eggs are cooked. (And here you could throw some fresh coriander over the top, or a cheese like feta or Roquefort if you eat dairy, or a squeeze of lemon or lime.)