Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grapefruit Addiction page

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!

Grapefruit Addiction

Shop Now
    I've heard that grapefruit can be bad for thyroid function. My problem is that this time of the year rolls around and the citrus is soooooo deliciously wonderful that I can't keep my hands off of it! (Can easily eat two whole grapefruits per day). Am I doing harm? Also...I think that the foods I crave most are likely the ones I should take more action to limit...yes?
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I can understand loving citrus in the winter. And grapefruit aren't candy bars, or flour, or nuts. Eat!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Unless you're on medication that would interact with grapefruits, go nuts. 2 is nothing, I was eating 3-4 when they were in season.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    If you are eating two a day all year long, then maybe you have to control yourself :-). But if it is just a seasonal thing and you are healthy and they don't bother you in any way, then don't worry.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Unless you're on medication that would interact with grapefruits, go nuts. 2 is nothing, I was eating 3-4 when they were in season.
    Somehow this makes me feel better! I could absolutely eat three or four of them but have been trying to limit to 2!
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

HM7380 is offline Junior Member
    I buy the Dole canisters of ruby red grapefruit (48 oz) and usually eat the entire thing within 24 hours. Sometimes less. I also drink 64 ounces of white, unsweetened grapefruit juice every day or so. I haven't noticed any problems at all, and if I'm going to overindulge in something, it might as well be something like that, rather than snickers bars or whatnot...

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Since I lost weight and came off blood pressure medications, I have half a grapefruit every day after dinner. Apart from Sunday and that's ice cream treat day.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Two grapefruits per day are just fine, personally I like to cut them up and have them frozen as a cold snack! I have heard that drug addicts uses grapefruit for better effect of their drug...

Drumroll is offline Senior Member

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I personally avoid grapefruit because it effects the body's ability to healthfully eliminate excess estrogen.
    Yep, if you are an ovariectomized woman on medications, you probably should be a little careful with grapefruit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast