Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paleo Muffins for Meal Replacement page

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member

Paleo Muffins for Meal Replacement

Primal Fuel
    I'm tentative to throw the word "meal replacement" around, because I know that's a concept that many people in the Paleo/Primal community dislike, but here goes...

Put together an amazing, totally primal recipe for some healthy muffins (it's basically 1/4 cup macadamia butter, 1/4 cup pumpkin, 1 egg, a little baking soda and vanilla) which taste great. They fill me up for hours, so for the past few days I've been making one big muffin every morning and picking at it all through the morning till the afternoon. Then I'll have a nice big primal dinner of meat and veggies.

Macro-wise, these muffins are completely inoffensive... but is there any risk of weight gain if I'm eating 1/4 cup macadamia butter once a day? I figure if it fits into my proper fat ratio, there should be nothing to worry about... right?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure how Primal baking soda is, but other than that it all looks good to me. Why do you call it a meal replacement rather than just a meal?
    I think there is a consensus that the macadamias are one of the best nuts out there.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Life's short, eat dat muffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I'm not sure how Primal baking soda is, but other than that it all looks good to me. Why do you call it a meal replacement rather than just a meal?
    I think there is a consensus that the macadamias are one of the best nuts out there.
    I guess I call it a meal replacement because it's something easy I make in advance and then eat in place of a sit down, meat-and-veggies kind of meal... but I'd rather do a paleo muffin that's packed with filling, healthy fats and nutrients than a Special K Bar (my old fave from my CW days.... shiver)

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Life's short, eat dat muffin.
    Possibly my favorite reply ever

tarek is offline Senior Member
    That doesn't sound bad at all. The only concern you might possibly have is whether or not the macadamia nut butter hurts your stomach or makes you feel sluggish (I'm assuming it's not sprouted). 1/4 cup is really not that much at all, so I doubt it should pose any problem. So long as you feel fine doing it, have at it!

Paleobird Guest
    There is a thread around here someplace about the Fat Bread recipe from the Free the Animal site. It sounds like what you have done is just added some pumpkin to the same mix. Good idea.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    That is a lot of calories, but if you are replacing breakfast and lunch with it, I don't see a problem. Macadamia nuts are higher in omega 3s than most.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I make a muffin similar to that with almond butter (not quite a quarter cup) and for the starchy part, either sweet potato, banana or pumpkin. It's delicious, but I consider it dessert, not a meal replacement.

I fed some to my pet bird the other day and she ate it with her back to me (how they eat when they like something so much they want to be left alone). I might start making up various concoctions of this muffin as a meal for my birds.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

kot
    kot is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why not just put bacon in a muffin pan and fill with egg and veg mix > bake > fridg. Instant meal on the go. Much better than the faileo muffins IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast