Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paleo Muffins for Meal Replacement page 2

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kot View Post
    Why not just put bacon in a muffin pan and fill with egg and veg mix > bake > fridg. Instant meal on the go. Much better than the faileo muffins IMO
    Faileo's a little harsh, no? I get that they're probably not something Grok would've been eating, but what's the difference really (aside from principle I guess) if it all breaks down to the same macros?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I agree it's a little harsh to label the muffins faileo. I would seriously laugh at people using gluten-free baking mixes, flours, protein powders, etc to bake with, but all the ingredients used in the OP's muffins are quite harmless.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    I eat a mug full of pumpkin pie filling and call it breakfast everyday

Pumpkin, egg, coconut milk, spices and a tbsp of honey. I top it with a serving of chopped walnuts.

Savayla is offline Junior Member
    I am battling on the primal diet as I have put on so much weight. Almost 1kg a month !! And it seems to be fat right on my thighs and bum

I have put it down to the paleo muffins and almond crackers that I was using instead of bread. Almond crackers are just almond meal and egg. Muffins are made with coconut flour, eggs, bacon and cheese, or coconut flour, eggs, banana and dark choc.

I might move this post to another thread to as I am at my wits end and although I haven't started up with grains at all (have not eaten grains for years in fact ), I don't know what is going on. Too much tallow and butter ?

kot
    kot is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    Faileo's a little harsh, no? I get that they're probably not something Grok would've been eating, but what's the difference really (aside from principle I guess) if it all breaks down to the same macros?
    I didn't mean to insult. I have found (N=1) that it is a slippery slope from paleo versions of SAD foods to back to SAD foods. Yet everybody's different, so if you can tolerate fake paleo, well....than good for you, me... not so much.

So my point is AS BEST YOU CAN eat real food closer to their natural state

Quote Originally Posted by Savayla View Post
    I am battling on the primal diet as I have put on so much weight. Almost 1kg a month !! And it seems to be fat right on my thighs and bum

I have put it down to the paleo muffins and almond crackers that I was using instead of bread. Almond crackers are just almond meal and egg. Muffins are made with coconut flour, eggs, bacon and cheese, or coconut flour, eggs, banana and dark choc.

I might move this post to another thread to as I am at my wits end and although I haven't started up with grains at all (have not eaten grains for years in fact ), I don't know what is going on. Too much tallow and butter ?
    I'm sorry... that's rough. Have you calculated your overall calories (particularly your carb count)?

Quote Originally Posted by kot View Post
    I didn't mean to insult. I have found (N=1) that it is a slippery slope from paleo versions of SAD foods to back to SAD foods. Yet everybody's different, so if you can tolerate fake paleo, well....than good for you, me... not so much.

So my point is AS BEST YOU CAN eat real food closer to their natural state
    No need to apologize. I guess what I've been trying to understand is (and this is a question I've failed to get a solid answer for even after a year of browsing MDA), if you can imitate the macros of primal man, using whole foods, but without eating the precise items that he ate, does primal still work (from the weight maintenance perspective)? my primal muffins are a hunk of fat, a little protein, and nutrients from the pumpkin... at the end of the day, does this serve my body just as well as a pan full of veggies sauteed in bacon?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I believe you're over thinking this. It's not really realistic to completely duplicate the diet of Paleolithic man. For most of us, what works for maintenance and weight loss is different. One person may choose to go high fat and someone else may be low fat. Eat what you enjoy within the limits.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12