Thread: Breakdown of Carbs, Protein and Fats page

jolesja is offline Junior Member

Question Breakdown of Carbs, Protein and Fats

Shop Now
    Hello there I'm relatively new to this paleo diet and also new to this forum! I have been reading up a lot on paleo: 1) paleo diet 2)primal blueprint 3) primal blueprint 21 days transformation 4) why we get fat and what we can do about it!

So currently i do have some questions: based on Mark's carbo curve, for weight loss we should have carbohydrates amount of below 100grams a day. As such, how many grams should my protein and fats be?
    Supposing I'm 20years old, female, 5.45 feet and 112pounds. I'm quite active: I do weight lifting three times a week, and also low aerobic cardio almost everyday! How do i know how many calories i should consume and also the grams breakdown for protein and fats if i consume about 50-70grams of carbs a day?

Please do help me!! Thank you so so much

otzi Guest
    I think at your age, activity level, height and weight you are right where you should be. Just eat good paleo foods and don't worry about the carb/fat/protein. As long as your weight is stable and you are feeling good when you work out, you are fine.

It's us old folks who spent 30-50 years eating crap and not exercising that need to worry about the carb curve and macro ratios. Start eating Primal-approved foods and listen to your body. You read all the right books, now you just have to figure out what you want out of it.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. I agree with what was said above. Trust me, you are better off not getting caught up in micromanaging your diet like that.

Eat well, exercise and be happy.