Thread: Vibration machines page

ez2cy is offline Senior Member

Vibration machines

Shop Now
    Ok, I know I'll probably get raked over the coals because it's not "Primal" or "Grok" wouldn't have used it but..........

Anyone have any experiance with the vibration machines you stand on for exercise? I've been reading but most "comparisons" seem to be sponsered by a vibration machine company. I have read how they "do" help with circulation, joint and muscle soreness etc. Seems the jury is still out on weight loss with them.

So...anyone?
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Ok, I know I'll probably get raked over the coals because it's not "Primal" or "Grok" wouldn't have used it but..........

Anyone have any experiance with the vibration machines you stand on for exercise? I've been reading but most "comparisons" seem to be sponsered by a vibration machine company. I have read how they "do" help with circulation, joint and muscle soreness etc. Seems the jury is still out on weight loss with them.

So...anyone?
    There is some research to suggest that there may be minor benefits related to circulation and joint stability in early-stage rehab but I can't imagine any particular benefits in terms of weight loss (which is predominantly related to dietary factors anyway). I guess the only real advantage would be if you were using one in comparison to not doing anything at all!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    ^ I agree. Lymph drainage and circulation along with use in rehab are the main things I've read on them. Some reports as to improving bone density, but thats any weight bearing exercise so I'm not sure that it would be superior to say....walking for instance.

As part of a program I'm sure they are fine. I just wouldn't put all my eggs into that one basket.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    They probably mix your protien shake really well
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................