Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrated at my progress (or lack thereof)... page 2

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Throw away your fashion mags and your scale. 200lbs at your height is being an adult male. Lift some heavy weights. Ditch the man-boob-making soy shit. Eat REAL meat. Quit trying to lose weight. Eating and lifting like a real man will give you a man's body. It will turn YOUR body into the best body it wants to be.
    This.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Throw away your fashion mags and your scale. 200lbs at your height is being an adult male. Lift some heavy weights. Ditch the man-boob-making soy shit. Eat REAL meat. Quit trying to lose weight. Eating and lifting like a real man will give you a man's body. It will turn YOUR body into the best body it wants to be.
    This is what a 190 lbs @ 6'3" athlete looks like:

If 200 lbs @ 6'1" is light for an adult male, then surely this guy must look tiny to you. I should point out that the man in the picture is an adult male, he lifts heavy, consumes little or no soy products and eats real meat. He's not an underwear model and doesn't compete in the men's physique division, but I suspect he has one of the most admirable bodies in the world.

This is what I'm saying. Not really much weight to lose. Just body changes to make.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I wish they had an equivalent site for men. But look at how widely varied the same weight is on women of the same height.
    Welcome - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like

Also, look at Staci. At 140+lbs, only 60lbs away from 200 and much shorter than 6'1", she's tiny. Eensy-weensy.
    Meet Staci: Your New Powerlifting Super Hero | Nerd Fitness

Just lift some weights already. That's the only way you're going to fix your body composition.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Snookman is offline Junior Member
    Thanks a lot you guys. This has been a huge help. Im currently 225lbs so cutting my weight down a tad while changing my body composition is my primary goal. With that being said I'm at my strongest ive ever been, which im really happy about. But Im trying to make my body more efficient. Lots of power, not enough endurance and sustained activity.

4,000 calories seems like so much to me. I wouldnt even know what to eat to make that number or even close to it. Given the limited caloric value of most greens and fruits, I would need to be eating boat loads of more meat (the good kind). Maybe even as much as 4 lbs of meats. Which im not complaining about it, just feels like a lot. Also i have been considering throwing in sweet potatoes occasionally to supplement my training. Is this advisable?

Thanks so much for the time everybody has taken to respond to my post. I never would have thought in a million years I would get so many offering help/advice to my frustrations.

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    This is what I'm saying. Not really much weight to lose. Just body changes to make.
    No, that's not what you said. You said that "200 pounds at 6'1" is pretty light". I still don't think it's light. You'd probably be very close to your genetic potential if you were a lean 6'1" athlete at 200 pounds. And if you're nowhere near your genetic limit like the person in the picture? Well, maybe it's time to lose a few pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Just lift some weights already. That's the only way you're going to fix your body composition.
    Who told you that lifting weights is the only way to improve your body composition? You'd properly get much better results with proper dieting or even "hormone therapy" if you had to choose. I thought that much was obvious.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    He already diets. He eats like a bird. He thinks he's fat at a weight that's not out of range for a person his height. He wants to change his body composition. He puts up a photo of a guy with rippling muscles. Lifting weights will give him that. Might actually turn on a few hormones, too.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    4,000 calories seems like so much to me. I wouldnt even know what to eat to make that number or even close to it. Given the limited caloric value of most greens and fruits, I would need to be eating boat loads of more meat (the good kind). Maybe even as much as 4 lbs of meats. Which im not complaining about it, just feels like a lot. Also i have been considering throwing in sweet potatoes occasionally to supplement my training. Is this advisable?
    Eat more fat.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12