Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Quitting CW cold turkey with 48 hour fast page 5

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by clayjay View Post
    Ahh this is so inspirational. I love your posts, so hilarious, and relatable. I have been planning on taking the plunge with a fast as well, after reading your post, I too am going to do it. Not sure i'll make it half as long as you did, but i'm going to start with a day.
    Thanks clayjay, good luck with your plans. I think a fast is a good way to start because you feel leaner and meaner after just a day, and that motivates you to keep going. The toughest step is probably the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Um, you might want to read some more about carb cycling. Something like sweet potatoes would be a better carb up option than coconut cream bars (which I'm assuming are full of sugar). Keeping those in the house is like keeping a pack of smokes around. Just sayin'....if it's not there you can't eat it and it is much easier to have will power at the grocery store that at midnight at home.
    Arghhh ok.

Will rice or regular potatoes do.. Not big fan of sweet potatoes. I assume the thing to avoid is fructose, right? As long as it's glucose does it matter if it's complex or simple starch?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyorange View Post
    Will rice or regular potatoes do? Not big fan of sweet potatoes.
    I'm not the re-feed expert. That would be Choco Taco. But from what I've heard any spuds or other root veggies or squash work fine. If you're going for rice, use the white kind not brown.

Candy bars don't count as a carb up and have no place in your cold turkey plan.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hope your nose is feeling better. Glad you are okay, otherwise.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    If white potatoes don't bother you, they're fine. Some people peel them to reduce ingestion of anti-nutrients and potential pesticides, some don't. It's probably worth cutting them out of your diet for a little while to see if you feel better/any different without them, but if you're keeping your carbs up for now, they're still a much better choice than regular old bread or pasta.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

It's 24 hours into the New Year and I haven't eaten any sugar yet, except for strawberries.

Added potatoes to the mix lately and they are terrrrrrriiffic.

Also learning about stuff like potassium/sodium/mag and acid/base balance.

Got my vit D levels tested... they were 20 mmol/L (ideal 50-70)

New Years Day... feeling contemplative. The past 5 years have really sucked... I was a new college grad: great job, BMI = 20, immortal. Then bad habits. Amazing what 5 years of not taking care of your body does to you.

Things have been on the ups since the beginning of the month though. This primal stuff is great.

As John Clellon Homes put it:
    Then he rushed up to them excitedly: “Gene, Gene, that’s what we must become! Beggars in Times Square! As soon as I saw that man I knew he was on the bottom, looking up, noticing the sky at last! I asked him, ‘What does it feel like to be Job?’ and he said, ‘Everything’s getting better all the time!’”
    Last edited by dizzyorange; 01-01-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Hope your nose is feeling better. Glad you are okay, otherwise.
    Thanks, it's a little crooked but so is Daniel Day Lewis's:

Weighed in at 163lbs today, down from 181lbs at my first post a month and a half ago. I haven't broken my New Year's Resolution to quit sugar yet - closest was some Blue Diamond almonds. I bought a pull up bar and have going at it non-stop... did my first double-digit set today. The fat is melting off like butter in a pan, especially around the stomach. My boobs are much smaller as well I needed to buy new pants this week but was hesitant to get too many pairs because I'm planning to drop another couple inches off the waistline. Target weight: 145 and looking like Bruce Lee.

Starting fast #3 today. The first two were for 3 and 4 days. This time it'll be a quickie - just 48 hours. In 2 weeks time, I'll be trying out the Primal Potato Diet for about 5 days.

Now if I could only overcome my insomnia I'd be set...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345