Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Almond milk? page 7

fuzzylogic is offline Senior Member
    Cows, my dear people, are bred to need extra calories for milk production. You can supplement a cow with some grain and have a reasonable milk supply, or you can take and try to milk an Angus---good luck, that, and they were also bred to thrive on non-pastured food and to mature early to limit overwintering in an area with little food---and have a cow that is dry half the year and going down with milk fever the other half.

A cow with insufficient calories will produce less milk. A cow with no grain is also charmingly unwilling to come in and get milked. The two don't make for a super productive dairy. Even at $8 a gallon or more your dairy won't break even....and good cows are expensive! Not to mention that no farmer likes to lose animals for no good reason.......

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    The research spans across decades and it's exhaustive. What I did was take many studies and condense them. If you'd really like, I can link them, but I'm sure you're just being difficult.

All that anger probably isn't good for you. First time I've seen someone get that upset over a "your mom" joke. You must be a real pleasant person to be around.

Oh I see. Well, I knew you didn't eat primal but choose to post here anyhow. That only leaves a couple of reasons...either your looking for an argument/debate or your just a troll. I actually tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it seems you can't handle the former so I shall just relegate you to complete troll. The ignore list chomps another one! Oh, good luck with the coffee and sugar diet. Long as you dont eat any nuts, fish, avocado, or seeds ect....I'm sure it will all work out for you. Heck, its not like health traditional human societies had been thriving on stuff like that for generations or anything!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Oh I see. Well, I knew you didn't eat primal but choose to post here anyhow. That only leaves a couple of reasons...either your looking for an argument/debate or your just a troll. I actually tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it seems you can't handle the former so I shall just relegate you to complete troll. The ignore list chomps another one! Oh, good luck with the coffee and sugar diet. Long as you dont eat any nuts, fish, avocado, or seeds ect....I'm sure it will all work out for you. Heck, its not like health traditional human societies had been thriving on stuff like that for generations or anything!
    You choose to ignore everything posted anyway, if I'm not linking several studies. You'll also just cherrypick studies and interpret them in biased ways. It's pointless. I've already posted tons of facts you could have followed up on. I'm too lazy to fetch tons of pubmed links. You can check google scholar too, if you really want.

Never understood why people announce they're putting someone on ignore. It's not like anyone cares. Oh no, Neckhammer is ignoring me whatever will I do. It's like you're looking for attention.

And here are civilizations that consumed less than 2% of their daily calories from pufa:

Age relations of cardiovascular risk factors ... [Am J Clin Nutr. 1997] - PubMed - NCBI
    Cholesterol, coconuts, and diet on Polynesian... [Am J Clin Nutr. 1981] - PubMed - NCBI
    nihil

wendywoman71 is offline Junior Member
    I'm allergic to dairy, gluten, sugar and soy! I have been drinking processed almond milk and noticed I am struggling to lose weight. What do y'all recommend I use instead (remember I cannot consume ANY dairy!) Anyone have a recipe to make my own?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wendywoman71 View Post
    I'm allergic to dairy, gluten, sugar and soy! I have been drinking processed almond milk and noticed I am struggling to lose weight. What do y'all recommend I use instead (remember I cannot consume ANY dairy!) Anyone have a recipe to make my own?
    One need not consume white liquids. I never do. But anyway...

I used to make almond milk by soaking 1 ounce of blanched almonds per cup of "milk" I wanted. I would then run it through the blender until smooth, then pour it through my juicer to remove the pulp. It needs about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of salt to give it that certain je ne sais quoi. Double the quantity of almonds to make almond "cream".

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Why do you feel the need to consume any type of milk at all? Water works for drinking just fine.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Paleobird Guest
    Coconut milk.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Why do you feel the need to consume any type of milk at all? Water works for drinking just fine.
    I agree with Damiana. Drink water. If you absolutely need some almond milk you can make it yourself very easily without all the gums/fillers and synthetic vitamins. But honestly there are better options than almond milk. You can also make your own coconut milk or buy a brand like Aroy-D. I personally have major problems drinking conventional milk. I have bought raw milk and I do so much better with it but it is pricey so I stopped.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    No, no, no....thats the point. In the context of real whole foods these come with the constituents that negate any harmful effect and to the contrary leads to a very anti-inflammatory diet. The paleo diet reduces O6 by eliminating the seed oils and other industrial crap that you cook in and is added to almost every pre-packaged food on your grocery shelf. These foods contain rancid oxidized O6. Quite different from an avacado which has various factors that reduce oxidation of its PUFA and provides the body with vitamins that aid in processing without inflammatory effect. In the context of the paleo diet...assuming your eating the "good stuff (grass fed/patrured)" along with eggs and some seafood your PUFA levels come out much more balanced and anti-inflammatory.

When you eat right (paleo)...then your going to get most your fat from saturated and monosaturated forms and the least from PUFA, but the ratio and total amount of PUFA and the source allows for better utilization and lower inflammation.

In your case you need not of added fish oils and you probably could get rid of or at least make sure of proper storage of your nut butters. That all comes along with knowing how to buy quality product and safe storage for consumption. I don't know how much of your diet those made up. Stick to fatty meat, real fish, avacados, and pastured eggs and the like. Heck bacon has many of the same fatty acid makeup that everyone just LOVES olive oil for.

But please, eat what you like. Heck your definitely in the majority if your eating all that stuff you list (bread, sugar, beans....). We are but a small percent of America eating this way.
    Well said Neckhammer. I am in complete agreement. I would think there is a huge difference between PUFA that is naturally occuring in whole foods (like in an avocado) compared to the same amount of PUFA in vegetable oil at McDonald's fryer that hasn't been changed all day and is reused over and over to cook French fries in.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567