Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Almond milk? page 6

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Unable to walk due to excess meat? And you people mock some posters' reactions to grains.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Something tells me you don't have a decent grasp of biochemistry, and I don't need a citation for that.

You can, however, tell me exactly what you think is in an almond that will negate the oxidation of pufa. I'd honestly like to know.
    Enough to recognize that outdated studies done on genetically altered lab rats don't always correlate so well with what actually happens in the human body. But, I'm still waiting for some actual science from you anyhow. I'll help you and say that I have read some things indicating an upper limit....but, what I have read does not make the upper limit zero.

Perhaps the reason a Peat person needs to keep PUFA so low is simply because they eat so much fructose and simple sugars? That makes sense since PUFA is most reactive to that producing the AGEs and other damage. However, I'm low carb...so I would suspect my tolerance for PUFA is quit a bit better than yours. And I would suppose someone who gets their carbs from startch (more glucose less fructose) would also be better off.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-06-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Enough to recognize that outdated studies done on genetically altered lab rats don't always correlate so well with what actually happens in the human body. But, I'm still waiting for some actual science from you anyhow. I'll help you and say that I have read some things indicating an upper limit....but, what I have read does not make the upper limit zero.

Perhaps the reason a Peat person needs to keep PUFA so low is simply because they eat so much fructose and simple sugars? That makes sense since PUFA is most reactive to that producing the AGEs and other damage. However, I'm low carb...so I would suspect my tolerance for PUFA is quit a bit better than yours. And I would suppose someone who gets their carbs from startch (more glucose less fructose) would also be better off.
    It's impossible to entirely cut out pufa, it has at least trace amounts in everything. Keeping it to a minimum is only beneficial, establishing an arbitrary upper limit is futile. Obviously the more you consume, the more prevalent the effects will be and the harder it will be for your body to detoxify and replace it with healthier fats.

When pufas are kept to a minimum, your body synthesizes mead acid, a stable fatty acid that displaces pufa in tissues and suppresses leukotrienes.

It's the opposite, if anything someone following a Peat protocol entirely will be better able to handle the negative effects of pufa. Things like supplemental aspirin(helps against the hormone products following oxidation) and an ideal calcium to phosphorus ratio.

read: Randle cycle

High free fatty acids in the blood impair glucose metabolism period, as well as muscle glycogen synthesis.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Unable to walk due to excess meat? And you people mock some posters' reactions to grains.
    Yeah, your mom was shocked too.

Hahahahahaha
    nihil

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    It's impossible to entirely cut out pufa, it has at least trace amounts in everything. Keeping it to a minimum is only beneficial, establishing an arbitrary upper limit is futile. Obviously the more you consume, the more prevalent the effects will be and the harder it will be for your body to detoxify and replace it with healthier fats.

When pufas are kept to a minimum, your body synthesizes mead acid, a stable fatty acid that displaces pufa in tissues and suppresses leukotrienes.

It's the opposite, if anything someone following a Peat protocol entirely will be better able to handle the negative effects of pufa. Things like supplemental aspirin(helps against the hormone products following oxidation) and an ideal calcium to phosphorus ratio.

read: Randle cycle

High free fatty acids in the blood impair glucose metabolism period, as well as muscle glycogen synthesis.
    Bunch of statements without sufficient context or studies makes for a no value comment.

Ok, for instance I said high PUFA in the presence of sugar is what you would be more concerned about (thats context) ....so for that I might list a scientific article Lipid advanced glycosylation: pathw... [Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993] - PubMed - NCBI and instead of extrapolating on that particular article i may mark a blog post that breaks it down since I don't have access to the full article Hyperlipid: AGE, RAGE and ALE: The ALE of LDL. Thats context and a bit of science. You provide neither.

In the end I can agree that if your gonna eat much PUFA you should avoid sugar. And since I see no reason to eat sugar anyhow, its easy for me. I'm not about to start trading out salmon for some tasteless fish because it has too much O3 (could list some studies showing these to be healthful, but that would be quite redundant). In context of a Primal diet the PUFA consumption (which like i said is the least of the fats) is not detrimental. Some nuts...not detrimental. Whole foods everyday like avocado, salmon, and almonds are good for you. Most whole foods come paired with the antioxidants that our body needs and little to NO sugar with the PUFA (funny how works out in nature aint it?)
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-06-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Hahahahahaha
    Wow, you're a class act. I'd rather be my mother, dead at 74 from following bad advice than be the likes of a low life trailer trash bitch like you.

Your mother probabaly took one look at you and wished she'd aborted.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 12-06-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Zach is offline Banned

Hahahahahaha
    Aaaand boom goes the dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Bunch of statements without sufficient context or studies makes for a no value comment.

Ok, for instance I said high PUFA in the presence of sugar is what you would be more concerned about (thats context) ....so for that I might list a scientific article Lipid advanced glycosylation: pathw... [Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993] - PubMed - NCBI and instead of extrapolating on that particular article i may mark a blog post that breaks it down since I don't have access to the full article Hyperlipid: AGE, RAGE and ALE: The ALE of LDL. Thats context and a bit of science. You provide neither.

In the end I can agree that if your gonna eat much PUFA you should avoid sugar. And since I see no reason to eat sugar anyhow, its easy for me. I'm not about to start trading out salmon for some tasteless fish because it has too much O3 (could list some studies showing these to be healthful, but that would be quite redundant). In context of a Primal diet the PUFA consumption (which like i said is the least of the fats) is not detrimental. Some nuts...not detrimental. Whole foods everyday like avocado, salmon, and almonds are good for you. Most whole foods come paired with the antioxidants that our body needs and little to NO sugar with the PUFA (funny how works out in nature aint it?)
    The research spans across decades and it's exhaustive. What I did was take many studies and condense them. If you'd really like, I can link them, but I'm sure you're just being difficult.

Wow, you're a class act. I'd rather be my mother, dead at 74 from following bad advice than be the likes of a low life trailer trash bitch like you.

Your mother probabaly took one look at you and wished she'd aborted.
    All that anger probably isn't good for you. First time I've seen someone get that upset over a "your mom" joke. You must be a real pleasant person to be around.
    nihil

Derpadork stated:
    All that anger probably isn't good for you. First time I've seen someone get that upset over a "your mom" joke. You must be a real pleasant person to be around.
    I agree, I think when someone online (i.e., anonymous and cowardly) stoops to using others' relatives about whom another has posted, real anger isn't warranted. However, you've behaved in a manner that justifies a little spanking. Sorry if you can't handle it. You should stfu if you can't.

I'm only pleasant to be around for people that have manners and behave in an acceptable manner. Low-rent crumb catchers can kiss my ass. Except you. I don't want you to kiss my ass. I'd have to sink too far into the gutter. Your mother must have been a real piece of garbage to raise the likes of you.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Derpadork stated:

I agree, I think when someone online (i.e., anonymous and cowardly) stoops to using others' relatives about whom another has posted, real anger isn't warranted. However, you've behaved in a manner that justifies a little spanking. Sorry if you can't handle it. You should stfu if you can't.

I'm only pleasant to be around for people that have manners and behave in an acceptable manner. Low-rent crumb catchers can kiss my ass. Except you. I don't want you to kiss my ass. I'd have to sink too far into the gutter. Your mother must have been a real piece of garbage to raise the likes of you.
    Sorry, I'm not going to be drawn into a pissing match with a buffoon who can't even see their own hypocrisy. Insult me all you want, but you have less worth than the crumbs I'm supposedly catching. You're also dirt under the shoes in my trailer park.
    nihil

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast