Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Congressional Committee Casts a Harsh Eye On Vaccination Science page 3

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    What about studies that have shown that children who are unvaccinated are healthier than those who are vaccinated?
    If you have seen such a study and know where it can be found, I would love to read it, or at least the abstract. Any chance of a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    Finally, telling people they are wrong for the decisions they make about their children is absurd. Telling people you hate them because they have a different opinion is equally absurd and rather disturbing.
    Parents are not automatically immune from criticism or being wrong just because they have the right to make certain decisions for their children, who are not old enough to make them for themselves. We don't allow parents to beat their children (actually in this country we largely do, but we shouldn't), we don't allow them to lock their kids in dark closets when they misbehave and we don't allow starvation, denial of lifesaving medical attention, or other neglect and abuse. This is because children have rights to life, relative safety and freedom from abuse and neglect that trump parents' rights to do such things. Not vaccinating your children falls squarely in the camp of knowingly and unnecessarily endangering the life and health of a child. It is neglect. All of the facts of the matter as I understand them support this. You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. When fewer children are vaccinated, more children die of preventable disease. That's the bottom line and no amount of argumentation about nebulous threats and unsupported assertions is going to change that. And yes, that means that you really are in the wrong if you don't vaccinate.
    Last edited by Uncephalized; 12-07-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skolvikings View Post
    I have two small children and I really didn't know one way or the other about the safety of vaccinations until I read this article in Wired magazine: An Epidemic of Fear: How Panicked Parents Skipping Shots Endangers Us All | Wired Magazine | Wired.com

At the time I read the article, I was unbiased with an open mind. I've since does some additional research and the case for vaccinations appears grounded in scientific study, and the case against vaccinations seems mostly grounded in anecdotal evidence.

So I had both of my daughters vaccinated.
    That was an excellent article with some very helpful links included. Thank you for posting it.

skolvikings is offline Junior Member
    If you're a Netflix streaming subscriber, here is a good PBS documentary on the debate over vaccinations: https://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/F...e_War/70138090. It covers the issue from both perspectives and I enjoyed watching it.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Anti-vax people are the only ones I have sometime violent reveries about beating to death with a hammer.

That and Islamic terrorists.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    If you have seen such a study and know where it can be found, I would love to read it, or at least the abstract. Any chance of a link?

Parents are not automatically immune from criticism or being wrong just because they have the right to make certain decisions for their children, who are not old enough to make them for themselves. We don't allow parents to beat their children (actually in this country we largely do, but we shouldn't), we don't allow them to lock their kids in dark closets when they misbehave and we don't allow starvation, denial of lifesaving medical attention, or other neglect and abuse. This is because children have rights to life, relative safety and freedom from abuse and neglect that trump parents' rights to do such things. Not vaccinating your children falls squarely in the camp of knowingly and unnecessarily endangering the life and health of a child. It is neglect. All of the facts of the matter as I understand them support this. You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. When fewer children are vaccinated, more children die of preventable disease. That's the bottom line and no amount of argumentation about nebulous threats and unsupported assertions is going to change that. And yes, that means that you really are in the wrong if you don't vaccinate.
    I think you can google search it as well as I can.

As for the rest I think I'll just agree that we disagree. You have your opinion. I have mine. I think injecting helpless children with poison is criminal. I'm all for vaccinations as long as they are not loaded with chemicals. As I mentioned I did vaccinate my child and I think the way it was done was a mistake that I regret.

I'm done.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    If vaccines don't have anything to do with autistm then why did the vaccine court (yes, there is one) award settlements for this very thing?

Why do most other industrialized countries recommend far, far few vaccinations? Look at European and Nordic recommendations and then look at our vaccinations for the large difference.

Why do we give infants vaccines that require an immunological response that they are not capable of mounting until around age one?

Why are children vaccinated for pertussis contracting it at higher rates than non-vaccinated children?

Why do we routinely jab newborns for an STD vaccine?

Why are we freely administering the chickenpox vaccine without warning people about the resulting increase of shingles?

Look, I don't know a single person in real life that believes a single vaccine caused their kids autism. It is a lot more complicated and vaccinations are just one part of that. There are certainly times that some vaccinations make sense. It is not black and white and anyone that thinks so it uneducated on either side. If I had to make these choices again, I would choose based on my current situation and not on blanket recommendations that aren't very effective for my family. The best blanket solutions are things like clean water, proper sanitation, and staying away from others when sick. Unfortunately, it's bad for the economy for workers to stay home and, frankly, hard in this society;plus, Big Pharma wouldn't make a ton of money so vaccines for everyone! ;-)

Saying you hate or want to harm people that question vaccinations only make your arguments weak. You can't actually come up with an intelligent response so you lash out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123