So despite going to a primal diet over a year ago, I've had continuing issues with insomnia, general fatigue, headaches and bloating. I finally decided to get the ALCAT test done because I just can't figure out what else it could be besides food intolerances. And despite hearing ahead of time that it's often the foods you love most that show up as "Severe" or "Moderate", I'm still really sad to see the results! I have to give up beef, buffalo, duck, eggs and dairy?!?

Has anyone else had the ALCAT test done? Were you religious about avoiding the items that showed up under Severe and Moderate? What results did you see? I know that it sometimes shoes false positives, but I'd really rather see that than a false negative. I figure that once I come to a baseline, I can start adding foods back in one at a time and evaluate how I feel. Right now I'm just trying to figure out what I can eat for protein that will give me enough Omega 3 (without loading me up on Omega 6). Pork, chicken, turkey, lamb, a variety of fish, crab and scallop are all safe. Should I just load up on lots of seafood with a healthy dose of lamb in there?

Severe - Avoid At All Costs
- Meat:
- Vegetables: Acorn Squash, Bok Choy, Parsnip, White Potato
- Fruits: Blackberry
- Spices: Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Chili Pepper, Clove, Sage, Thyme
- Beans: Black Beans, Black Eyed Peas, Navy Bean
- Nuts: Brazil Nut
- Other: Safflower, Agave

Moderate - Avoid For At Least 3-6 Months
- Meat: Beef, Buffalo, Duck, Egg Yolk
- Vegetables: Jalapeno, Green Bean
- Fruits: Banana, Strawberry, Tomato
- Spices: Rosemary
- Beans:
- Nuts:
- Other: Canola Oil, Quinoa, Dairy (Casein)

Mild - Eat Once Every 4 Days At Most
- Meat: Cod, Egg White, Mussel, Shrimp, Salmon, Snapper, Trout, Tuna, Venison
- Vegetables: Artichoke, Avocado, Butternut Squash, Eggplant, Leaf Lettuce, Romaine Lettuce, Sweet Potato
- Fruit: Blueberry, Lemon, Mango, Nectarine
- Spices: Ginger, Paprika, Parsley, Peppermint
- Beans: Chickpea, Kidney Bean, Lima Bean
- Nuts: Pistachio, Walnut
- Other: Corn, Gluten, Tapioca