Thread: 4-Hour Chef Meals page

feren6 is offline Member

Thumbs up 4-Hour Chef Meals

Shop Now
    Has anyone read 4-Hour Chef by Tim Ferriss? He advocates his own 'Slow Carb' diet, but it's pretty similar to Paleo in terms of eating real, non-processed foods.

Regardless, one of his recipes his Osso Bucco with Lamb Shanks..I just cooked it as the first real recipe that I've done and it was AMAZING.

Here it is:

Scrub bunch of carrots and cut off ends.
    Place in bottom of dutch oven.
    Take your lamb shanks and place on top of those.
    Open can of San Marzano tomatoes and pour puree on top as well as squeeze each tomato with your thumb first then squeeze them with full hand and drop in.
    Then drizzle about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over the top. Then take about 3 big 3 finger pinches of salt and sprinkle on top.
    Also, 10 good grinds on a peppermill.
    Then pour the dry white wine (what ever dry white you like) so that it is up to 1/2 or 3/4 of the lamb shanks. Cook in preheated oven, covered, at 350F for 2 hours.

Simple and delicious.

The scrambled eggs with twice as many egg yolks as whites is also extremely delicious.

Anyways, would love to hear if anyone else has tried any other recipes from the book.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    I actually picked the book up yesterday, but probably won't get to it for a few days minimum.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    I haven’t tried any of his meals or read his books but he was recently a guest on Robb Wolf’s Paleo Solution podcast. You have to be at least somewhat paleo to be on the show. I enjoyed the interview as he is an interesting guy. I plan to read a couple of his books because of it. And try out some of his recipes of course!
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    the wine isn't the greatest but it does sound divine.

I don't get the squeeze with thumb and then use hand, thing! I get crushing it with your hand but what's the thumb thing for?

PrimalGains is offline Junior Member
    I'm just about to start the actually "chef" part of the book, looking forward to trying some of these interesting recipes! I thought the build-up with meta learning and 80/20 pareto principle was very interesting, even if there was a little repeated information from his previous books!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks for posting! I was wondering how good the book is, and pondering getting it in the library. I will now, I think
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.