Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Journal (SarahChzBurg) page 2

SarahChzBurg is offline Junior Member

Picture Attempt

Trying to do this using photo bucket!

First attempt: Salmon patty dinner from this weekend:

Second attempt: Awesome burger made with akaushi beef!

Third: Thanksgiving - Primal Breakfast
    Sarah
    Primal on a budget in Sugar Land, TX
    SarahChzBurg's Primal Journal

12.12.12 Foods

Quick Update!

I've been so busy reading other journals (and actually doing some work on the side) that I haven't updated my own! One thing I'm enjoying about the lifestlye is basically getting rid of feelings of guilt about what I eat. This morning I woke up feeling guilty about some choices I made last night (read: 2 squares of dark chocolate and dipping spoon into almond butter a few times), but I went to fitday and logged everything and realized I only ended up with 73 carbs for the whole day! I also had a handful of tortilla chips at the office.
    ---
    B: 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon, coffee with cream
    L: 1/3 rotisserie chick, skin on of course, and spinach salad (spinach, bacon, cheese, 1/2 egg). Had some of the poppy dressing that came with it bc there were no other choices. Turned out to only be 1.5g carbs. I didn't eat much of it.
    S: at work - about 12 tortilla chips and 5 of these tiny cookies things I couldn't resist (eeep!)
    D: I actually didn't eat a real dinner. Had almond butter and some dark chocolate and a piece of primal banana bread. Crazy that these are my "cheats" now! I totally stayed on plan. Getting rid of all that crap in the pantry really helps!
    My breakdown for the day according to fit day was:
    2,186 cal
    161.0 fat
    73.7 carbs
    112.5 protein
    I'm not sure exactly what that means on primal. I think I probably over ate yesterday. I am 5'8" and about 220lbs now.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Sarah

I'm Back!

I chose to have a couple of "non'primal" days this weekend. I enjoyed most of the foods (especially gingerbread cookies) and was able to get back on track easily. Luckily I didn't get sick from the sugar, but I definitely didn't feel my best. Pair that with a night sharing a room with our 8 month old at a relatives house (aka no sleep) and I was feeling pretty crappy on Sunday!

But now I'm back on track - yay! Yesterday I had 3 HB Eggs for lunch with some bacon, and it help me over until dinner. Amazing! Looking forward to having salmon for lunch today. And maybe steaks for dinner!
    Sarah

Man it has been too long since I posted!

The holiday season wasn't too bad for me! I did stray from the blueprint at times, but for the most part I chose primal foods. I am glad to be back into my normal routine, though. While I loved the time with my family (especially my sweet baby girl), I am glad to be getting focused on the primal lifestyle again.

Something VERY exciting happened in our family this past week! My husband decided to go primal with me!!! He's going to try it for a month, and I doubt he'll ever go back. He lost about 40 lbs on Weight Watchers, and he works out regularly (some Navy Seals workout). I kept trying to tell him he'd get "so cut" if he tried the primal eating and workouts, and it finally clicked I guess. he actually seemed to decide after watching he movie Fat Head. A few days later, we watched Food, Inc together (sad) and now he's totally on board with finding local organic foods to fill the fridge! I'm super excited!

Ooooh, also, we had bulletproof coffee this morning. NOMZ.

Dinners this week:
    M: Sliders with bacon, salad, and sweet potato chips. We compared the last of our non-organic gr beef with our local farmer's market gr beef! Obvious winner there...
    T: Daddy's pork chops from Everyday Paleo (got one of the cookbooks for Christmas). Husband cooking them and some asparagus.!
    F: Pizza! I'm excited to try this cauliflower crust!
    W/TH: I forget! I think chicken both of those nights...thank goodness it's written down at home!
    Sarah

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Man it has been too long since I posted!

The holiday season wasn't too bad for me! I did stray from the blueprint at times, but for the most part I chose primal foods. I am glad to be back into my normal routine, though. While I loved the time with my family (especially my sweet baby girl), I am glad to be getting focused on the primal lifestyle again.

Something VERY exciting happened in our family this past week! My husband decided to go primal with me!!! He's going to try it for a month, and I doubt he'll ever go back. He lost about 40 lbs on Weight Watchers, and he works out regularly (some Navy Seals workout). I kept trying to tell him he'd get "so cut" if he tried the primal eating and workouts, and it finally clicked I guess. he actually seemed to decide after watching he movie Fat Head. A few days later, we watched Food, Inc together (sad) and now he's totally on board with finding local organic foods to fill the fridge! I'm super excited!

Ooooh, also, we had bulletproof coffee this morning. NOMZ.

Dinners this week:
    M: Sliders with bacon, salad, and sweet potato chips. We compared the last of our non-organic gr beef with our local farmer's market gr beef! Obvious winner there...
    T: Daddy's pork chops from Everyday Paleo (got one of the cookbooks for Christmas). Husband cooking them and some asparagus.!
    F: Pizza! I'm excited to try this cauliflower crust!
    W/TH: I forget! I think chicken both of those nights...thank goodness it's written down at home!
    Sarah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12