Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mayan Calender - page 4

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Oh believe me, I understand. We live in a little hick town where most people do have guns. And if it did hit the fan, I would hope to be dead immediately. I don't have the mentality to make it through something like that, nor do I want to find out if I do.
    Same here, though I'm super intrigued by the idea of being a survivor. I'm not sure if being part of the re-building process is of interest to me. Everyone would be fighting about everything... besides... no tv? seriously guys. I love nature and all that shit, but I have no desire to go back to olden times like that.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Same here, though I'm super intrigued by the idea of being a survivor. I'm not sure if being part of the re-building process is of interest to me. Everyone would be fighting about everything... besides... no tv? seriously guys. I love nature and all that shit, but I have no desire to go back to olden times like that.
    that's where i am most days. i want to be able to survive, but don't really want to have to deal with it. plus, sometimes i look around me and realize, 'man, my friends and i have no skills without a computer.' so unless being able to quote obscure lines from movies is a useful skill, it's better for the rest of the survivors if i just eat it.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    guys - you would survive fine. we have had more than our fair share of natural disasters over here in NZ, and common sence comes right into play.
    One year - down on the farm, isolated, as in miles from shops, a town, etc....the snow was so deep that we were stranged for 7 days. No power, no running water, no flushing toilets....but you tackle one wee problem at a time.....and deal with it.
    We were lucky that we had a wood fire - so we could cook food, and keep warm. We moved all the beds into the kitchen etc....
    The earthquakes here in Christchurch were another natural disaster that proved trying for us all....but commonsence prevailed.
    Natural disasters do bring out the best and the worst in people thou - which is sad. We humans tend to remember the bad things that happen, and sadly looting was rampant during our earthquakes.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

mark h is offline Junior Member
    Acording to new Mayan discoveries, we have at least 7 thousand years left.
    Although it will be fun watching the believers on and around the 21st.
    Keep it going, Mark

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    that's where i am most days. i want to be able to survive, but don't really want to have to deal with it. plus, sometimes i look around me and realize, 'man, my friends and i have no skills without a computer.' so unless being able to quote obscure lines from movies is a useful skill, it's better for the rest of the survivors if i just eat it.
    Yep, I don't know how anything works. I can't build shit. I could cook though, and help hunting, and tend the farm. Eventually, I could teach the children things.

guys, we could make it.

I BELIEVE IN US.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    The only ones left will be those who weren't taken up in the Rapture.

Devilboy.
    Who *does* want to be taken by Raptors?

Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Who *does* want to be taken by Raptors?

I suppose that all depends on your opinion on the appeal of basketball players.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=toron...FcqayQH_tYH4DQ
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    USA Today - Newly Discovered Mayan calendar goes way past 2012

Not that I bought into it anyway.

And I do prep a little, but not because I think there's a zombie apocalypse imminent. I grew up in earthquake country (Northridge - 7.2 anyone?) and went through the Rodney King riots, so I have literally seen the streets in flames, people pulled out of their cars, and no gas/water/electricity/food for more than a week.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If shit goes down, I live in the fucking scrub dessert. I'll go hunt cow, jackrabbit, snake, and camel (yes, some rich idiot has camels up here) and leave the city snobs to robbing HEB. If it really goes down, that's what Big Bend and Nacogdoches are for, as well as some of our stockpiles.
    (We generally keep emergency supplies and emergency rations around in case of "snowstorms" (2 inches and everyone panics around here) and haboobs, as well as just in case humans fuck with other humans and we're affected.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm going to party like it's 1999.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast