Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayan Calender - page 3

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Depending on the time of day, I should be at work.

My husband as of last Friday now has the "prepper" mentality. He's even taking a mini vacation on the 21st and is wanting to get a gun, start stockpiling on water and canned goods. He expects us to be fully prepared for anything that goes down on the 21st. I want to tell him, "Calm down, have some dip" but he won't listen.
    Georgette

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Depending on the time of day, I should be at work.

My husband as of last Friday now has the "prepper" mentality. He's even taking a mini vacation on the 21st and is wanting to get a gun, start stockpiling on water and canned goods. He expects us to be fully prepared for anything that goes down on the 21st. I want to tell him, "Calm down, have some dip" but he won't listen.
    Georgette.......wow really ?????

I really think that any excuse for a party, however you so don't want that gun going off accidentally....praps you could hide the bullets ????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Georgette.......wow really ?????

I really think that any excuse for a party, however you so don't want that gun going off accidentally....praps you could hide the bullets ????????
    "Calm down, have some dip" is an old George Carlin quote. I use that a lot.

I don't mind the idea of having a gun, its just everything else. Especially with this being Christmas time and all.
    Georgette

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Costco runs specials every once in awhile on their survival foods. Pics are great, they're cans and cans of stuff piled on a pallette. And all I can think is, "Terrific, I'll survive whatever event, then get diabetes or a brain tumor from the BPAs in the can linings." heh.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    First off, aside from what Grok already pointed out, NASA took the time to dispel all other myths - Introduction Ask an Astrobiologist NASA Astrobiology

but I'm really perplexed by the idea of people that want to stockpile foods and start buying guns to get ready for shit. What's the point? do they not realize there are waaaayyy too many people and not enough bullets? Let's assume some other sort of apocalyptic thing had taken place (like there's no electricity for 2+ weeks!) and people were actually freaking out and shit was about to (finally!) get real. How long does someone like your husband think he can keep hundreds of people at bay for? does he expect them to casually walk up and try to kill you and your family? because most likely they'll come in bunches. He probably wouldn't so much as have the chance to reload. He could possibly fend off the first few, but then what?

Also, what do you do when the food runs out if you're not anywhere near wild live or something of the sort?

I'm not suggesting to just turn over and die, but I think the guns plus stockpiled food is a shitty solution. If you have real concerns about this sort of doomsday scenario (not the Mayans, but anything) you should probably move to a somewhat isolated area and start raising animals - not living in a city.

I mean absolutely no offense to you or your husband, just using as an example.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I'm just worried that someone will use the hype of the date as an excuse for dastardly deeds. Or an opening for them, not necessarily an excuse. This end-of-the-world scenario has been building up for years, unlike some that appear over a short period of time, and vanish without a trace (was the Rapture last year? I didn't know about it until a couple days before).

The 21st is my 3 year anniversary with Boyfriend. I will probably just celebrate that it is Friday. He'll probably be working late, so we might snuggle when he gets home, then I'll go to bed. No roof tops for me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    First off, aside from what Grok already pointed out, NASA took the time to dispel all other myths - Introduction Ask an Astrobiologist NASA Astrobiology

but I'm really perplexed by the idea of people that want to stockpile foods and start buying guns to get ready for shit. What's the point? do they not realize there are waaaayyy too many people and not enough bullets? Let's assume some other sort of apocalyptic thing had taken place (like there's no electricity for 2+ weeks!) and people were actually freaking out and shit was about to (finally!) get real. How long does someone like your husband think he can keep hundreds of people at bay for? does he expect them to casually walk up and try to kill you and your family? because most likely they'll come in bunches. He probably wouldn't so much as have the chance to reload. He could possibly fend off the first few, but then what?

Also, what do you do when the food runs out if you're not anywhere near wild live or something of the sort?

I'm not suggesting to just turn over and die, but I think the guns plus stockpiled food is a shitty solution. If you have real concerns about this sort of doomsday scenario (not the Mayans, but anything) you should probably move to a somewhat isolated area and start raising animals - not living in a city.

I mean absolutely no offense to you or your husband, just using as an example.
    Oh believe me, I understand. We live in a little hick town where most people do have guns. And if it did hit the fan, I would hope to be dead immediately. I don't have the mentality to make it through something like that, nor do I want to find out if I do.
    Georgette

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    great grok....are you gonna join us on the roof ????????
    Yes, just as soon as I change into my Mayan Priest outfit.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Yes, just as soon as I change into my Mayan Priest outfit.

I'm actually surprised that wasn't a more popular halloween costume..

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I really do love me a man in uniform...........
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast