Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal snacks for babies/children that they will actually like page 2

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I keep regular old mozzarella cheese sticks in the fridge. 5-yo is able to help himself to those, which is helpful when I'm in the shower and he is "starving." He also snacks on Applegate farm salami and grass-fed hotdogs. He also likes bananas. He used to eat walnuts, but not right now. Apples come and go with him. He drinks a lot of milk, which is a snack in my book. It's not a big menu, and not super-duper-optimal, but it works for us, so that's where we are.

I don't really limit his carbs other than not making a "starch" with dinner and keeping sugar out of the house as much as possible. He's growing.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I keep diced, roasted sweet potato (tossed in coconut oil, coriander, cumin, garam masala, salt and pepper) in the frig most of the time. DD will snack on that over almost anything else.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

greenari is offline Junior Member
    I'm loving these ideas! My 2.5 year old loves avocados and always says YES to an avocado when I say NO m&ms (thanks grandma...) And those are super satiating!

I've also taken a page from some french parenting book that says feed your kid 4 times a day (b-fast, lunch, snack, dinner) and don't allow them to graze. After about 2 days, it became super obvious she was only asking for food because she was bored or saw another kid with the dreaded goldfish crackers. When she's not needlessly snacking, she always eat a great variety at meals.

PS don't listen to Zach... you're not restriciting their food, you're giving them healthy options!

froggie is offline Member
    I let our 3-yr old son scrape the Coconut mana jar with a spoon. These days it's fairly solid so he ends up with some powder/mini chunks of coconut that he LOVES. Nice addition to breakfast, usually he sees me using it and says "eh, I want some of that!".
    Eggs is definitely our staple. He likes red meat too, so that helps!
    Outside of carrots, not a lot of veggies interest him. Even potatoes he's not too keen on.
    He likes fruit, milk & cheese. We cave in with some all-beef hot dogs from Trader Joe's once in a while.

I can't wait until he will eat some canned sardines with me

Another snack idea: make a paleo banana bread to replace the traditional post-nap snack (aka cookies). No sugar added, and usually you can squeeze in a fair amount of nuts in there.

Good luck!

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

Violeeia is offline Junior Member

Primal snacks for babies/children that they will actually like

Wow thanks honey that looks like a great resource, will digest now

Thanks

Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12