Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Bob Costas Right? page

kenn is offline Senior Member

Was Bob Costas Right?

Primal Fuel
    Sure is a lot of uproar on the internet about his comments (technically copied from someone else).

I disagree with that POV he put forth.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...night-football
    Last edited by kenn; 12-04-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    there's uproar about gun control on the internet? i never thought i'd see the day.

i don't necessarily agree with everything he said, but i do agree that handguns serve very little purpose beyond killing. that killing may be for good or bad intentions, but it's still killing. gun control won't fix that, though. if that sort of thing worked, i wouldn't be able to go buy a suitcase full of drugs if i wanted to. there's something broader that needs to be explored when it comes to gun violence.

That's what I like when I'm watching football, a sports commentator talking about gun control. Maybe during baseball season we can discuss abortion.

Just because you're a sports analyst on TV does not mean that I give 2 shits about what your opinion on anything is...other than sports, of course.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Talent should stay talent and stfu about social issues when working.

I believe we should all be armed. Mandatory high school (or middle school) courses. We're not teaching them math, so we might as well teach them something else that's useful.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Bob Costas has his own personal security guards. [1]

[1] Bob Costas, NFL Surrounded by Armed Security

I enjoy listening to drinkingwithbob's rants...

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I believe we should all be armed.
    Why? why not nobody should be armed and we teach "the kids" Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instead?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Why? why not nobody should be armed and we teach "the kids" Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instead?
    Because the government would still be armed, and kind of the point of having the right to bear arms (or arm bears if you prefer) and the right to have state militias is to protect against a corrupt government.

Also, if we were all armed, don't you think maybe the average street thug would think twice before mugging someone? The snatch and grab rapist might not be so successful if all women carried guns. It's not fail-safe, but nothing is.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Also, if we were all armed, don't you think maybe the average street thug would think twice before mugging someone? The snatch and grab rapist might not be so successful if all women carried guns. It's not fail-safe, but nothing is.
    this just doesn't make sense to me. how is it that if everybody has a gun, the evil people are automatically going to stop being evil?

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Not at all, he's a tool *grumbles* I heard this on the tv in the other room Sunday when I was making my tomato sauce.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    this just doesn't make sense to me. how is it that if everybody has a gun, the evil people are automatically going to stop being evil?
    They don't stop being evil. However, if law-abiding citizens had to give up their guns (if there were a law for that) then they would have one of two choices; either to be unarmed in an attack (with a chance that the assailant has a gun - not caring about the law obviously) or to break the law and carry the gun to protect in the slight case that they do get attacked and if the said assailant has a gun, the odds are better. It just levels the playing field moreso than NOT having a gun.

And Bob Costas is an asshat. He isn't even a good sportscaster. He needs to go sell shoes or something.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast