Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheat is the devil page 8

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, gotta find that Derpamix/Fierce Hunter clone. I actually liked Fierce, but Derpamix is like Fierce in a blender with extra corn syrup.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Ahem. Twisting words?
    Pot calling the kettle black actually...

Zach pretty much claims that Low Carb/Paleo is the devil...
    Pretty extremist since so many people do so well...
    Horrible to make such a blanket statement about something just because he had a problem with it personally. (Wow, that sounds familiar!)
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    This post here epitomizes the ridiculousness of this thread. This person actually wishes a food group would cause them harm just so they arent tempted to eat it. How bout you just eat it, enjoy it and stop worrying about it.
    While it may not cause violent reaction, like with Marissa or gluten intolerant people, the grains and grain products has a number of low impact negative consequences such as increased appetite, slow weight gain, addictions, blood sugar problems, skin problems etc that will not manifest immediately. But three months down the road, no woman wants to find herself 2 sizes up, 10 lbs heavier, and 20 years down the road, morbidly obese and dying of diabetes. I am with InSearchOfAbs, that I wish I had violent vomiting if I touched the things that hurt me. I do not, so I need to concentrate on relatively small indicators.

If that is unacceptable answer, well, my apologies in advance.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Wheres the fun in that?
    For me the fun is when you see the little message that says something like 'post blocked because user is on ignore. Press here to read message' and you get to press it and see what it says. It is like opening gifts on Christmas. Sure, you know it is an ugly sweater from your grandma but maybe, just maybe, it will be something cool.

Not that I have you on ignore. I just see the fun in such a situation. Yeah, I need a hobby.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    And also serious autoimmune disease reactions.
    It happens.
    You don't want to be one of those statistics, trust me.
    And there is no way of knowing if you'll pull that particular golden ticket. Or multiples. If you get one autoimmune reaction and don't stop the wheat... your body will KEEP finding ways of telling you.
    Last edited by cori93437; 12-05-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    She is VLC, read before you comment.
    Thought it was your usualy shinny voice on a forum you don't believe in.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    I'll be sure to let you know how I'm doing on my HIGH CARB paleo diet. We get it, you tried low carb, it didn't work, you ate sugar and got healthy. Now you're spreading the good word in the most arrogant and annoying manner possible, which makes you a douchebag, and that's why I don't like you. That's why nobody here likes you, not because we drank the kool-aid.
    Not really. Simply having a difference in opinion around here gets you jumped by the hivemind mentality and they don't care how well you rationalize it. Now that's annoying.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Not really. Simply having a difference in opinion around here gets you jumped by the hivemind mentality and they don't care how well you rationalize it. Now that's annoying.
    Danny Roddy started posting here a while back and got chased off--what makes you think you are different?
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread59985.html

I was intrigued by the Ray Peat Protocols and listened to hours of podcasts and read his articles for weeks. In the end, his protocol is specific to the individual and not a set of generic guidelines like the Primal Blueprint. In one of the Q&A's with Peat, they asked him what the 'Peat Diet' was exactly, he laughed it off and said there was no 'Peat Diet', it was all patient specific and depending on labs and metabolism issues, different patients would get a different diet.

If Peat were my doctor, and he told me to drink salty OJ everyday and then backed it up by tracking labs to see where it got me, I'd do it, but as a generic diet regimen I wouldn't do it. There was another guy like Peat, named Jack Kruse. He was sort of the same way. A brilliant doctor, neurosurgeon to be exact, but his advice was so specific it wasn't fit for daily use for 90% of the people that read it. However, there were tons of people who took anything he said to the extreme just because he mentioned it--even if it was meant for a post-menopausal woman with T2 diabetes...

DetroitRemedy is offline Member
    GROUP HUG.. ha .. People the real devil here is the FDA.
    Cant people ever have friendly adult like debates? I posted on here for the first time
    got bashed and called names. really? Understandably everyone is entitled to there opinion.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something sometime in your life..

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Understandably everyone is entitled to there opinion
    There, their, they're. They have different meanings.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast