Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheat is the devil page 5

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Precisely.....go live on OJ and skim milk, french toast, and pancakes if you like....seems to work great for soooooo many people. Seriously, I hear some Peatophiles even have blogs now! Why not post nonsense there where it will be less conspicuous as blatant sewage spewed onto a page?
    Unlike primal right. Every other person who switches to primal has to start a blog, write a ebook and clog facebook with ridiculous pictures of their gluten free, sugar free, grain free, sad sad meals.

Listen people, wheat is not the devil, sugar is not the devil, no one food group is inherently unhealthy. This isnt a private party and Mark Sisson is not the chosen one. Its this elitist, close minded attitude that makes the paleo community look so ridiculous. You make fun of vegans but you are no better. You would think that if someone was on a search for health they they would be interested in all views.

And no im not a Peatarian but he is easily one of the smartest guys on the internet when it comes to hormones, metabolism and how nutrients effect these things. If you were smart, you would read what he has to say.

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, Ray Peat is not the chosen one. You should read what Mark Sisson has to say. He's one the smartest guys on the internet.

See what I did there?
    Endotoxins (under construction)

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Sorry, Ray Peat is not the chosen one. You should read what Mark Sisson has to say. He's one the smartest guys on the internet.

See what I did there?
    Says the guy with a Robb Wolf quote and a thing about making a friend not eat bread.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    All you Peat people really need to eat more meat.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    All you Peat people really need to eat more meat.
    :facepalm:

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Here's the deal Peatarian folks: for me, wheat is the devil. I'm speaking for MYSELF. I'm not speaking for everyone here. I don't claim that Primal or Paleo eating is the only way of eating. If you would have felt how I was feeling yesterday after the wheat indulgence, you would have said the same thing too. Obviously my body does not tolerate it well because I was extremely sick. And I'm not just talking about digestion either. My skin actually hurt to touch all over my body. My skin! My knees were stiff and aching all day long. I felt like I had a horrible hangover without actually drinking anything. My body felt like it was flooded with toxins, that's the best way I can describe it. And on top of that I was having horrible stomach cramping and runs all day. It wasn't psychosomatic. I had eaten sugar in the days prior and I was fine compared to how I felt after eating the wheat. So for me personally, wheat is no good. The fact that I have recently gone VLC is of no consequence, and it doesn't mean that I don't like carbohydrates or that I am "against" them in some way. I am not closed minded at all. But facts are facts, and just based on nutritional value alone, someone is far better off getting their carbohydrates from a vegetable than from any processed grain product. So yeah, when/if I start eating carbs again, you bet your ass I'm going to load my plate with veggies and potatoes/sweet potatoes instead of something that makes me feel like death. And you can't deny that carbs from veggies are much healthier and carry much more nutrient value than carbs from bread and the like.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Tell 'em you can't have any pudding unless you eat your meat...we don't need no self-control....

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    If you were smart, you would read what he has to say.
    I've read it. Its only because I have read it that I bother commenting. Its an informed decision on my part. No person is "the chosen one", but as far as I've read of Peat he is actually not a fan of wheat either? So I don't even get why the comments on this. I like blogs that distill recent science into coherent health theory. Otherwise, I just read the primary research myself. You don't like to call wheat "the devil"...thats fine....but the OP has obvious issue with it. Why bother spamming crap about pancakes and french bread?

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Says the guy with a Robb Wolf quote and a thing about making a friend not eat bread.
    I know you like to appear enlightened, but all you've done is cock jumped from whatever low carb guru you used to like to Ray Peat, and now you're trying to enlighten all of us with your "new truth". Doesn't make you any better than us.
    Endotoxins (under construction)

Zach is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I've read it. Its only because I have read it that I bother commenting. Its an informed decision on my part. No person is "the chosen one", but as far as I've read of Peat he is actually not a fan of wheat either? So I don't even get why the comments on this. I like blogs that distill recent science into coherent health theory. Otherwise, I just read the primary research myself. You don't like to call wheat "the devil"...thats fine....but the OP has obvious issue with it. Why bother spamming crap about pancakes and french bread?
    Glad you are open minded. Yes Peat does not like grains either but like i said i dont follow all his principles, just defending him from all the people who wont even read his stuff. I just hate that people have to go to extremes like calling something the devil. Her detailed response above makes much more sence the. Her first post. I have no problems with cutting out grains or anything else for that matter if it negatively effects you. Just have a problem with people pushing their beliefs on to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    I know you like to appear enlightened, but all you've done is cock jumped from whatever low carb guru you used to like to Ray Peat, and now you're trying to enlighten all of us with your "new truth". Doesn't make you any better than us.
    I see you drank the kool-aid pretty hard. Let me know in a year how you are doing.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast