Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheat is the devil page 3

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    LOL. Typical low carb close minded thinking. Ignore us because we post on something we disagree with? Why do you even post at all? You seem to know everything about everything. I swear low carbers are just as bad as vegans when it comes to defending their diet.

Oh and you probably cant consume grains because you stopped eating them entirely so your gut flora changed. Its not magic like Robb Wolf claims. Also your metabolism is probably low from being VLC so you are unable to digest properly.
    LMAO!!!! I only went VLC a couple weeks ago. I do agree, my gut flora probably has changed because up until the last several days, I haven't had wheat in a long time.

I'm not closed minded at all. I don't claim to think low carb is the only way. In fact, I have no issue with carbs. I like carbs, I like sweet potatoes, fruits etc and ate them freely before starting VLC a couple weeks ago. I'm doing this experiment because I personally want to know how I feel when fully keto adapted. I want to ignore you because I don't find your posts or those of Derpamix to be helpful or insightful right now. I posted to get support because I slipped up and I'm really not feeling well now, and it's helpful to me to have people who understand that I can talk to about it.

On the other hand, it isn't helpful to read posts about pancakes and syrup when I'm feeling this way. You both are not posting about pancakes to be helpful or supportive. You are doing it to be annoying and obnoxious. THAT is why I want to ignore you both.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Definitely my favorite breakfast. Usually do 2 eggs, 1/3 cup half n half, liberal amounts of salt, cinnimon, blackstrap and sugar, beat that together and it makes three pieces perfectly. Then of course massive amount of real maple syrup.
    I'm going to actually do this instead of the pancakes, because holy shit it sounds good. Might need to get more blackstrap molasses though.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Last week I made my kids a double batch of blueberry muffins, the Krusteaz mix kind with
    REAL blueberries (so see, *something* was real in it).

They hadn't had them in a long time, and they always eat them lickety split, so that's why
    I made the double batch.

But no, leave it to kids, they both had about 5 each in a 4 day time span, so this weekend *I*
    was left with the rest.

Since I was starting the potato thing on Monday, I decided to power down those muffins with
    great glee and joy.

And nothing happened.

I was expecting to bloat up like roadkill. Nothing.

Whatever!

So, not like I'm going to start having cereal for breakfast and 10 muffins in two
    days every week, but it sure was weird that nothing happened. I was expecting
    to feel like death.

Kinda wish I had.

Oh well, moving on.

You continue to steer clear Marissa!!! It's obvious that it doesn't like you ONE BIT.
    I think a lot of people have psychosomatic responses to things for exactly the way you expected to react. They really want something bad to happen just so they can feel like they've discovered something secret that will solve all of their problems that the rest of the world just hasn't figured out.

Terry H is online now Senior Member
    Nah, they are insearchofhealth from reasonable sources w/o the conspiracy theories. Mark Sisson is such a source.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if it's the devil, but it's pretty useless stuff. I knew that even before primal. The best measure for me is nutrients per calorie - and bread, cereal, and most legumes are pretty big losers using that measure.

I used to like french toast, especially using day old Italian or sourdough bread. But starting the day off with syrup - bleeh. I'd just as soon eat a candy bar for breakfast - another thing I didn't do even before primal. I used to put salt and pepper on my french toast.

As to the grain lovers that feel it's necessary to post here, well I guess their community is boring, so they troll here to get a rise. I really don't care if you shove loaves of bread up your collective asses. Use big baguettes; it'll probably be the best use of a bread stuff you've ever done.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I really don't care if you shove loaves of bread up your collective asses. Use big baguettes; it'll probably be the best use of a bread stuff you've ever done.
    And it will improve your gut-flora...

And if done gently greatly improve your mood....

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Use big baguettes; it'll probably be the best use of a bread stuff you've ever done.
    Speaking from personal experience?

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Lmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Speaking from personal experience?
    Nah, if I want something up my ass, it'll be meaty.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast