Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheat is the devil page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry, Marissa. Your thread just got hijacked by the Peatarian party. I really don't know why they bother to post on a Primal site.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Sorry, Marissa. Your thread just got hijacked by the Peatarian party. I really don't know why they bother to post on a Primal site.
    To be annoying I suppose. Good for them that they can eat wheat and sugar to their hearts content and not feel badly. Unfortunate that we can't all be so lucky I guess.

Off to update my ignore list now....

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I will test something today and make myself some pancakes slathered in honey, sugar, fruit and maple syrup.
    Last week I made my kids a double batch of blueberry muffins, the Krusteaz mix kind with
    REAL blueberries (so see, *something* was real in it).

They hadn't had them in a long time, and they always eat them lickety split, so that's why
    I made the double batch.

But no, leave it to kids, they both had about 5 each in a 4 day time span, so this weekend *I*
    was left with the rest.

Since I was starting the potato thing on Monday, I decided to power down those muffins with
    great glee and joy.

And nothing happened.

I was expecting to bloat up like roadkill. Nothing.

Whatever!

So, not like I'm going to start having cereal for breakfast and 10 muffins in two
    days every week, but it sure was weird that nothing happened. I was expecting
    to feel like death.

Kinda wish I had.

Oh well, moving on.

You continue to steer clear Marissa!!! It's obvious that it doesn't like you ONE BIT.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    We needed a thread to tell us something that's the backbone of paleo?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    We needed a thread to tell us something that's the backbone of paleo?
    Um....forgive me. I suppose I shouldn't start threads in order to have conversations about my experiences. You really don't need to read it or comment about it if you are not interested, ya know?

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    sOUNDS LIKE WE'VE GOTTEN STUCK IN A PEAT BOG....YUK-YUK-YUK.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    To be annoying I suppose. Good for them that they can eat wheat and sugar to their hearts content and not feel badly. Unfortunate that we can't all be so lucky I guess.

Off to update my ignore list now....
    LOL. Typical low carb close minded thinking. Ignore us because we disagree with you, why do you even post at all? You seem to know everything about everything. I swear low carbers are just as bad as vegans when it comes to defending their diet.

Oh and you probably cant consume grains because you stopped eating them entirely so your gut flora changed. Its not magic like Robb Wolf claims. Also your metabolism is probably low from being VLC so you are unable to digest properly.
    Last edited by Zach; 12-04-2012 at 11:23 AM.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I had some wheat the other night. Little hors d'oeuvres that were like little tiny ice cream cones filled with ahi tuna sashimi. Way to ruin sashimi. It's weird how I no longer like the taste of wheat products anymore.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

Paleobird Guest
    I am one of those people who can, if I choose to, eat wheat products without a problem. I just don't choose to, because, for me, eating a waffle holds all the appeal of eating styrofoam packing material. I don't have a sweet tooth (never have even pre-Primal) so the syrup grosses me out. The only part of a waffle that appeals is the blob of butter on top. I'll just have that part.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I am one of those people who can, if I choose to, eat wheat products without a problem. I just don't choose to, because, for me, eating a waffle holds all the appeal of eating styrofoam packing material. I don't have a sweet tooth (never have even pre-Primal) so the syrup grosses me out. The only part of a waffle that appeals is the blob of butter on top. I'll just have that part.
    Funny you should compare it to styrofoam, as that's my metaphor for grains too.

I typically have savory cravings and rarely sweet ones, but if there's something sweet just ... there ... sometimes my willpower lapses.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast