Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheat is the devil page 10

DetroitRemedy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Well, you also have to understand that this place gets a lot of trolls and spammers, so it doesn't really surprise me if you were given the third degree, lol!! The Primal Pack is protecting their home and trying to protect the integrity of this board and what it stands for, which in this case happens to be the principles taught by Mark Sisson. We don't like intruders coming on and possibly feeding misinformation or making this process any more confusing than it needs to be, especially for the noobs.

I just kinda spoke for everyone. Sorry if I overstepped there guys. Feel free to disagree with me if you don't feel the same.
    Its all good I'm fine. this doesnt pertain to anyone inparticular, But i like to say we have two ears and one mouth for a reason.
    And there is always something new to learn, even if you think you know it all haha
    I always like to hear what someone has to say.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Well, then you don't really want a debate if you can't handle outside information and dismiss it as false if it goes against the great Mark Sisson. Seriously, this guy is OK, but he's wrong on several key aspects. 150g or more of carbs = insidious weight gain? Come on.
    nihil

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitRemedy View Post
    Like i mentioned above, There are Pros and Cons no matter what you eat. why can we be adults and talk about it and help one another?
    That's exactly what I was looking for when I first posted. I felt terrible and I was just looking for some supportive words. Instead I got pancakes and french toast.

My diet doesnt have a title. but it does have moderation. everyones bodies are different. some people are gifted with great digestion and others not so lucky, and whats the most important thing. digestion and your colon.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Well, then you don't really want a debate if you can't handle outside information and dismiss it as false if it goes against the great Mark Sisson. Seriously, this guy is OK, but he's wrong on several key aspects. 150g or more of carbs = insidious weight gain? Come on.
    I didn't post a debate. I posted that I ate wheat product and as a consequence felt terrible.

You try to turn EVERYTHING into a debate, and it's old and tired now. If you want to have a debate about it so bad, why not start your OWN THREAD and post your debate topic and let people have at it? Why hijack someone else's thread time and time again to try to start a debate? People here would probably give you a lot more respect and be a lot more open to what you have to say if you would do it in a respectful way instead of treading all over everyone else's posts.

You're beating yourself up over food. You're getting offended over two random guys on the internet talking about pancakes. You take this shit way too fucking seriously, and consequently you're probably going to do it again and again until you can just get fuck over it. Seriously, you feel terrible over something so trivial. You are not going to die by "indulging" on wheat every once in a while. You will feel terrible if you keep feeling you did something horribly wrong, when in all honestly, you didn't.

Stop being melodramatic, it's ridiculous. There is your support.
    nihil

A lot of people have wheat and dairy Intolerances. Well if we knew what gluten and casein were we would better understand.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm not an evangelist. I don't need to spread any word. I hang out here because by and large, I agree with this community about food. Wholesome food that doesn't screw with my gut. I have no need for the attention caused by going into a community (vegan or wheatarian for eg.) and posting my pro-meat, anti-grain beliefs. In real life, I wouldn't hang out in churches just to spout my atheist beliefs.

I don't know what the cons are to eating healthfully grown produce and healthfully raised meats. I see nothing wrong in Mark's approach, even though I might disagree on tiny aspects of some of his posts/plan for me (eg. at 160 calories per quarter cup, I'm not going to include nuts in my diet). I think anyone who followed all ten parts of the PB would see an increase in health.

Grains are crap. Anyone with a calculator, or an online food tracker can see that grains are almost nutritionally barren. They are what my mom would have called, "poor people" food. IOW, when times are tough, these foods provide some nutrition if you can't afford anything else. But that's all they are - something to keep one from starving. Oh, and to feed livestock.

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Here's the deal Peatarian folks: for me, wheat is the devil. I'm speaking for MYSELF. I'm not speaking for everyone here. I don't claim that Primal or Paleo eating is the only way of eating. If you would have felt how I was feeling yesterday after the wheat indulgence, you would have said the same thing too. Obviously my body does not tolerate it well because I was extremely sick. And I'm not just talking about digestion either. My skin actually hurt to touch all over my body. My skin! My knees were stiff and aching all day long. I felt like I had a horrible hangover without actually drinking anything. My body felt like it was flooded with toxins, that's the best way I can describe it. And on top of that I was having horrible stomach cramping and runs all day. It wasn't psychosomatic. I had eaten sugar in the days prior and I was fine compared to how I felt after eating the wheat. So for me personally, wheat is no good. The fact that I have recently gone VLC is of no consequence, and it doesn't mean that I don't like carbohydrates or that I am "against" them in some way. I am not closed minded at all. But facts are facts, and just based on nutritional value alone, someone is far better off getting their carbohydrates from a vegetable than from any processed grain product. So yeah, when/if I start eating carbs again, you bet your ass I'm going to load my plate with veggies and potatoes/sweet potatoes instead of something that makes me feel like death. And you can't deny that carbs from veggies are much healthier and carry much more nutrient value than carbs from bread and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You're beating yourself up over food. You're getting offended over two random guys on the internet talking about pancakes. You take this shit way too fucking seriously, and consequently you're probably going to do it again and again until you can just get fuck over it. Seriously, you feel terrible over something so trivial. You are not going to die by "indulging" on wheat every once in a while. You will feel terrible if you keep feeling you did something horribly wrong, when in all honestly, you didn't.

Stop being melodramatic, it's ridiculous. There is your support.
    Feel free to educate yourself since you didn't take the time to read through this thread before commenting. My wheat issue had nothing to do with feeling bad mentally for eating the wheat. See above. And take a little dose of your own medicine, stop being so dramatic and whining about how nobody on the school yard wants to play with you because they can't handle your beliefs about eating sugar. Wa, wa, waaaaaaa....stop being so melodramatic and ridiculous.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I refuse to believe that people who claim to bloat up, have irritated stomachs, seizues, collapse suddenly, grow horns in their stomachs or whatever else instantly over consuming wheat are not just dreaming/making this crap up because they want it to happen. I ate my french toast recipe courtesy of Zach and absolutely nothing happened to me. I felt nothing. I'm not advocating people eat wheat all the time, but there are civilizations that have consumed it for centuries.

And yes, wheat is a necessity because not everyone is able to afford better food.
    nihil

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast