Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sick People page 3

ms sage is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have been gluten free since January and mostly (80%) grain free since September. I have not had so much as a cold this entire year. Yes, I am knocking on wood! Probably a good thing since I no longer eat chicken noodle soup.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Primal can help, but it's not the magic cure-all. I've been doing primal for a couple of years now (and have been gluten-free for more than six) and I still have asthma. I still get colds sometimes.

I think we can really get to be self-righteous about our lifestyles and think that we know the solution to everyone's health issues, but the truth is that even the best nutrition and lifestyle won't cure everything, and even the most awesomely primal person can still get sick. It doesn't make you bulletproof, and lecturing people on their diet just makes you look like a jerk.
    this.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    I haven't been sick since I switched to primal...but I also hadn't been sick for about 4 years before that, either. I think I have a freakshow of an immune system--I work with kids regularly but never get anything they have. I can remember being legitimately stay-home sick maybe 2-3 times in the last 12 years or so.

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahChzBurg View Post
    When people at your work are sick, or friends post about their kids having ANOTHER bout with asthma, do you ever just want to say "CUT THE GRAINS ANd SUGAR?"

How do you refrain?! For me, today, it was coming here to post this!

--
    Sarah
    Sugar Land, TX
    No, I just get sad.

People grow up with CW and just don't know any better, and don't know any better to look/research for anything better.

Then again, it's the whole sheep thing, step out of the flock and think for yourself, I think that's everyone's responsibility and to blindly believe everything in the media/government is irresponsible IMO.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Haven't figured out the double quote thing but... what SB, Damiana and Diana Renata said..
    At the bottom right of each poster's "box" there is a little speech bubble with a quotation mark in it and a plus sign next to it. You click on that once. You should then see a check mark. Go around the thread happily clicking on as many members' quotes as you like. When you are done choosing the quotes, then go to the bottom of the page and click on "REPLY TO THREAD". This will bring you to the reply box with all of your chosen quotes along with. Then write as you desire and finish as usual.

I couldn't do it either for the longest time. Then I asked Paleobird and she told me.

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    I only care about how others eat/drink when they're sick because they bring it to work, pass it around and then I get sick. Or I used to get sick. I still got my sudden-change-in-weather cold this year but it was much milder. A lot of people I work with drink starbucks and eat poorly when they're sick because they feel too guilty to call in to work (which is fucking stupid, by the way) so they reward themselves with sugar and milk. That's a surefire way to keep yourself sick.

ConnieSB is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Primal can help, but it's not the magic cure-all. I've been doing primal for a couple of years now (and have been gluten-free for more than six) and I still have asthma. I still get colds sometimes.

I think we can really get to be self-righteous about our lifestyles and think that we know the solution to everyone's health issues, but the truth is that even the best nutrition and lifestyle won't cure everything, and even the most awesomely primal person can still get sick. It doesn't make you bulletproof, and lecturing people on their diet just makes you look like a jerk.
    I agree! We don't know what's going on in a persons life. When I hear someone coughing/hacking/sneezing in the office my first thought is "I hope I don't catch that"

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately being primal hasn't cured my asthma or my sinus problems. I do, however, catch far fewer colds than I used to.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeuskraemer View Post
    I only care about how others eat/drink when they're sick because they bring it to work, pass it around and then I get sick. Or I used to get sick. I still got my sudden-change-in-weather cold this year but it was much milder. A lot of people I work with drink starbucks and eat poorly when they're sick because they feel too guilty to call in to work (which is fucking stupid, by the way) so they reward themselves with sugar and milk. That's a surefire way to keep yourself sick.
    I think it depends on what the general attitude of the boss is. I've worked for companies that supported employees calling in sick (and would send you home if you showed up sick) and I've worked for companies that basically expected you to be there unless you had a death certificate. But yeah, eating crap is definitely not going to speed up the healing process.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I think it depends on what the general attitude of the boss is. I've worked for companies that supported employees calling in sick (and would send you home if you showed up sick) and I've worked for companies that basically expected you to be there unless you had a death certificate. But yeah, eating crap is definitely not going to speed up the healing process.
    True. I'm 47 and have been working for 30 years (with 5 years off for babies). This is the first job I've ever had that actually allowed me to use my sick days. But you're also working outdoors with the nearest bathroom maybe 4 or 5 miles away most days, so... you really can't work some kinds of sick.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast